Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Option to turn off automatic album radio after album finishes

After the last update on my Android, Spotify changed so that when an album ends, the album radio automatically begins instead of just going to silence. Tbh no idea how most people feel about this, but I usually listen to music by the album - it's important to me that the album ends as the artist intended. I don't want to it to just flow into other music. Especially since I don't really use the album radio feature to begin with. 

If this is something people want, there should at least be an option to turn it off. This is irritating enough I'd leave Spotify because of it. 

Updated: 2017-03-03

Hey folks. With Autoplay you don't ever have to stop the music. Once you reach the end of an album, playlist, or set of tracks, Spotify will automatically play a Radio station based on it. 

To see how to disable (or re-enable) this AutoPlay feature, click here. Thanks!

Comments
Maddyrb

I found a fix! (On iphones at least) turn off autoplay in settings!

robertjozefiak

Agree, agree, agree. Does anyone else really wish that you could queue up albums at a time, not just songs at a time? Instead of, "I want this song to play after this current song ends," I want to be able to tell Spotify, "Play this whole album AFTER THIS CURRENT ALBUM ENDS, not right when this current song ends." To do this now requires creating a playlist, I'm pretty sure, which is a real pain in the **bleep** thing to have to do everyday at work.

articsocean

This is a new "feature"? I thought my subscription had been cancelled or something, I couldn't figure out why it kept playing songs I didn't want after my album or playlist was finished. There should be an option to turn this off or remove it entirely. If I wanted to start a radio station based on that album/artist, I would do it myself! 😡

spacetweek

To disable:

On the phone app, open Settings (the cog on the top right)

Click Playback and turn off Autoplay

mcartm2
Have you not read any other posts? I too was mad until I realized there is an easy solution. See posts above.
gemsling1

Can a moderator mark this Idea as solved or implemented, and close it to new comments? And add a Status Update telling people where to find the autoplay setting?

This Idea was a valid feature request back when Spotify was trialling auto-play without providing an option to turn it off. Now that autoplay has been rolled out to everyone (with an option to turn it off), people who haven't seen the option are turning up here to vent their disgust, and that just creates noise and confusion.

FigaroPinto
Turning off autoplay does not seem to be an option on android app, nor on
desktop (Mac).

If I'm wrong, please advise
gemsling1

"Turning off autoplay does not seem to be an option on android app, nor on desktop (Mac)."

Have another look in the settings. The option should be there now. If not, open a support case with Spotify.

Android:

1. Go to: Your Library → Settings (cog icon at top right) → Playback settings
  2. AutoPlay is the last setting under Playback (just before Devices). Toggle AutoPlay off.

I don't have Spotify for Mac. I do have Spotify for Windows, and find that it doesn't autoplay, nor can I see an AutoPlay option. Maybe AutoPlay is coming to Windows, too, but hasn't been rolled out to me yet.

javimol

I changed the configuration as described. Thanks.

paulbiasca

does the same thing in iOS too, would be nice to have he option on both platforms