Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Stop Playback after a Track

I hate to stop the music in the middle of a track, so i would love some way to make Spotify stop playback after the current track.

Right now I can simulate the desired behaviour by right-clicking an empty playlist, (that i have created for this purpose only) and selecting "Choose as Current Playlist" and making sure that the play queue is empty. While this is a nice workaround, I think that it would make sense to include a real "Stop Playback After Current Track"-function in Spotify.

Update (2015-02-01):

The previously suggested workaround doesn't even work any more as Rapti has pointed out in a comment. At one point it could even make Spotify crash completely.

I would like to point out that a saner, more flexible queuing system could allow even finer control over when to stop playing. Thus people who like this idea might also like:

Updated on 2021-07-19

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this function is now available on mobile devices via the Sleep Timer feature. It can be activated through the moon icon directly in the Now Playing View of podcasts, or through the three dot menu in the Now Playing view of songs. 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
aquiab

how many lines of code would this be.. cant believe they havent added it yet

Orama

It's incredible how Spotify ignore requests they don't feel like listening to. The whole voting system is infuriating anyway. Most people don't use the forum and anyway they may not understand the problem that is bothering them- so they miss the relevant thread. Then Spotify say 'oh well there's not enough interest'. Thank goodness for them there's no decent competition out there. So many relatively basic functions not there or used to be and are removed. This is an incredibly basic request (like sorting by column should be!).

Fruititial

please it's been over 2 years since this was marked as "Not Right Now" there are so many people who want this and i think it's crazy that there is no way to conveniently play one song at once, it makes spotify completely unusable for me

Israduscias

2021 Still missing this feature. :'(

Crashcup

Yes, please!  I listen most of the day while working, and sometimes I've been listening to one artist, or channel, or genre for a while, and I want a change.  But, I HATE stopping a song in the middle of a song. Weird, maybe, but I have a hard time doing it.  Would be great to just check off "Stop after current song".

PilotAmelia

It would be amazing to have the option to pause music at the end of a song in your queue. Just having the option when you right click on PC or in the hamburger menu on the phone app would be great. 

ManMachine

This is a good idea.   Didn't read through all suggestions but maybe you could work around it by adding 4'33" to the playlist on infinite repeat?

Israduscias

I like ManMachines suggestion, but would suggest creating a seperate 4'33" playlist with 2 or more instances of the song wich you can add to the queue. 9 plus minutes should be enough? Ohterwise you could add more?
Nice suggestion!
And the hits will ramp up for John Cage. RIP

adrian_arg_

I can't believe this feature has not been added yet.  The whole playback and search function is so limited

LemBi
Hi Everyone!
Spotify has a feature called sleeptimer, where you can specify a given
time, or choose at the end of this track option, when Spotify will stop
playing.
It is available at the "playing a song" screen in the upper righr corner
three dots menu, and near the bottom of the list, with a quarter moon icon.

Have a try if this suits you.