Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New spotify: Ability to view more than 50 playlists

UPDATE: This request will be re-opened here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Profile-View-more-than-50-Playlists/idi-p/1379628

Old message:

Hi,

The new spotify has a limit to the number of public playlists we can view. It only shows the top 50 playlists (ordered by default by number of followers).

I would like to suggest the ability to view all the shared playlists.

Thanks.

2014-09-10

Hey folks! We're happy to say this is now Implemented. 

Thanks for all your kudos and support behind this idea.

Comments
Brian

Since there is no way for users to on my profile page find my latest monthly list of new great music I can only assume that it is ok to post it here:

The Best Tracks of June 2014

jaydanahy

This is an absolutely horrible part of the new design. I follow a DJ from WFUV named Carmel Holt who puts up her Midday Mixtape every workday. It's fantastic...and now the only was I can see it is if I catch her updating in the user feed while she is doing it. Her mixtapes are not even searchable. 

What a complete debacle.

Fainspawn

Yep.  I follow playlists for new music each week.  Since the visible playlists are sorted by followers, older playlists appear but new playlists never do.  It makes it almost impossible to find the latest playlist from other users.

nguyenbr

"50 playlists ought to be enough for anyone." -- Bill Gates, 1981

erf

Jaydanahy - I found this thread for the same reason.  Used to listen to Carmel Holt's playlists daily.  This new version has rendered that impossible.  Please fix Spotify.

OCLeirvik

Still no fix on this and my top 50 have not been updated since the day of this last release either!  Time to switch to WiMP!

Ultimation

Dear Spotify corporate money takers,

Dear Spotify,

How will you continue to make money if I cannot follow new playlists?

Sincerely,

EVERYONE IN THIS THREAD. And everyone you could potentially continue to make money off of.

P.S. Even though it's likely management or executives made the decision to show only the most popular playlists, someone with a brain might come across this post. I understand your frustrations, because I have to work for an idiot, too. He used to work for a big corporation, and doesn't understand practical, day-to-day operations and how to get things done in a way that benefits ordinary people. He just does whatever the f'ing machine tells him to so he can keep collecting paychecks. Meanwhile I think creatively and make less than him. You're not alone. We're the honest ones, who actually want to make a difference. If we were better at keniving and moving up the corporate ladder we would be in the position to come up with idiotic decisions like displaying only the popular playlists. Keep coding, keep thinking, and keep reading. Someday it will all become clear. You're doing well.

danielct

Yes! I'm considering adding curated playlists to my website, and Spotify would be a natural choice...... However, limiting it to 50...... is rather concerning. Makes me think twice.

Also I would want to present them chronologically, not by popularity...

Soundofus

I was one of the first with @Brian to start to complain about this stupid feature not allowing to see more than the 50 most followed playlists, even not updated since many months, and on top of all not allowing users to organize and show them publicly in a so logical order with the last one at the top.

After some months waiting for an update fixing that, I have to give here my last thoughts.

Spotify was very happy at the beginning to have "devoted" premium users creating playlists and promoting them all over the internet. Spotify took advantage of that. Spotify grew up and the only reward they give to all these fair premium users.is to block them to show in their profile the playlists they spend hours to craft.

What I, sincerely; think now is that Spotify don't care anymore of paying users. Spotify now creates its own playlist and want push everyone to listen them.

I wish I am wrong but unfortunately I don't think...

http://www.soundofus.com

http://www.soundofus.com/mobile/

jaydanahy

It's nearly impossible for new playlists to gain momentum with this flaw. You simply can't access new playlists since older ones have the higher amount of followers from the past UI. As a result, any playlist junkie has their older lists dominating their Top 50. Come on, there has to be a better way, Spotify.