Announcements

[Other] Separating Lyrics from Behind the lyrics

1. I think it absolutely makes non sense alternating "lyrics" and "behind the lyrics" in the same field. We have two great features that could add to the user's experience but in the moment that you decide to alternate from one to the other constantly both features become useless. That's a pity i think. You either want to read about the history and facts behind the lyrics without being interrupted by the lyrics itself, or you want to sing/read along so switching to "behind the lyrics" actually becomes a huge annoyance. The combination of both doesn't make any sense i can think of, i can't imagine a user trying to do both at the same time. I hear the feature to turn off "behind the lyrics" was removed, in case this was done without users voting for it i suggest taking into consideration doing the same for this case, as part of the same move. That way at the end of the day you did improve the user experience instead of getting rid of a useful feature.

Updated on 2021-11-18

Hey folks,

Thanks for your feedback on the Lyrics feature. We’ve heard you and we’re happy to announce Lyrics are here!

You can find Lyrics on Free and Premium for users across iOS and Android devices, desktop, gaming consoles, and TV.

To learn more about the roll out and how to access lyrics, view this announcement.

Cheers!

Comments
NetanHell

That's a nice idea but I'm honestly more concerned about behavioral problems that raised over the years, like the buggy windows app or the long task of searching for a song in a playlist ( which got much worse several years ago ).

Anyhow, you've got my vote 🙂

Ver
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-10-25

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Len38

i don't mind the rotating between lyrics and behind the music info. it would be amazing to have the ability to show lyrics on all songs and keep behind the lyrics on select songs

i do agree that using both together on only a small sample of songs seems limiting for no reason when it is a cool feature

Lstr95

Today I’m trying to find the lyrics for a song and the exact part I want to know the lyrics it changes to some history and twitter debate. I have no idea what the lyrics are but now I know the song is maybe possibly a diss track I guess? Anyway a little toggle to show Lyrics only would be good. It’s like watching a movie and the audio keeps alternating between directors commentary and the movie audio but no way to just play the movie audio only. 

Novy
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2021-11-18

Hey folks,

Thanks for your feedback on the Lyrics feature. We’ve heard you and we’re happy to announce Lyrics are here!

You can find Lyrics on Free and Premium for users across iOS and Android devices, desktop, gaming consoles, and TV.

To learn more about the roll out and how to access lyrics, view this announcement.

Cheers!

Env: prod