Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Outbox

With all the social sending music features on spotify, an outbox to track what music I've sent and to who, would be a huge help. I'm always thinking how much a friend would love a song and then sending it to them, only to have them tell me, I have already sent them the song in the past.

Having a tracker on the outbox would also be useful, to see if they have listened to the song.

Perhaps having a feature of a notification if you try to send the same song to a friend twice or another message if they have heard the song in the past, even if you have never sent them it before.

The outbox request has been active on the old GetSatisfaction forum for over a year, so I think it's about time it got some serious attention on these new forums.

Thanks. Smiley Happy

Comments
bloodoranges

Why is this not here yet?

deadlysonicarts

Just going to add to the pile.  Add this feature.  Even free services have this, let alone a paid service app.

This suggestion was posted over a year ago. Has spotify made any progress toward adding an outbox? I would really like to see what songs I've sent so I don't send them to the same person twice. Thanks!

Rorey
Status changed to: Watch this space

Hello everyone. Spotify here.

We're excited to announce the brand new Messages feature currently being rolled out on all platforms. A way to view your "sent" tracks has been one of the most popular social feature requests for some time. Now you can see which tracks you've sent to your friends, as well as send two-way messages about the tracks you've shared.

Please share any feedback you have in the comments and enjoy the music!

MagnetoFlow

When will this go into affect on all devices? I've heard from people they have the feature on iPad but I do not see it on my iPhone or desktop version..

Rorey

@MagnetoFlow Yes we will be eventually rolling out across all devices.

Schlock

@Rorey I'm seeing sent messages to one person, but only incoming messages from another. Any thoughts?

*edit* Ok, I'm seeing NEW sent messages to everyone, but not seeing old sent messages for one person

Rorey
Status changed to: Implemented

Chonkachella

I think that spotify is absolutely brilliant. I use it every day, and no longer buy CDs. But this is basic functionality, c'mon. Email clients, facebook, etc etc allow you to track what you have sent. Why not spotify!

jonsauce

I drunk send my friends a lot of music, and I'd like to stop looking like I am drunk sending music the next morning when I resend the same songs.  Thanks!