Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Parternship] Discord

When I play games with friends, I often use discord for voice communication. We use the built-in bots that are really glitchy and often cause latency in-game. The bot simply looks up the song on youtube and plays the top result, which could be occasionally the wrong song. I really wish that Spotify will add support for discord. And by using the system for parties, we can have friends queue up songs and DJ without the laggy and annoying bots.

Updated on 2019-03-01

Hey folks,

Spotify integration with Discord is now available. You can check out the details on how to sync your accounts here: https://support.spotify.com/using_spotify/app_integrations/discord/

Happy Listening!

Comments
Ertilmedia

Please do this Spotify. This is badly needed

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2017-08-23

Hey @tifu thanks for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Ideas Exchange. It's our policy not to comment publicly on any ideas that involve a 3rd party. We're marking this as 'Not Right Now' but if we ever announce a partnership with Discord we will post here first, thanks!

Scopeshot56

It blows my mind how little traction this post has gotten considering how big spotify and discord together are on the net as free services, it just seems to me like an enormous opportunity to garner in more users for both services that's going overlooked.  Music bots in discord that can only utilize youtube seem almost like too much of a hassle to use in my opinion, and with spotify's quick and easy access to your favorite music, it almost seems like they should belong together.

beezTEM

Please do this! I would love to have a status message displaying what song I am listening to!

DarkKylz

I would love the intergration of the 2. I have my own discord channel and play world of warcraft, pay for premium spotify. And would love my fellow friends to use this option of my spotify, instead of extremely bad music bots

LCSDSNTN

it would be awesome to share good music with good friends while playing. We need this so we can finally play wt these buggy bots.

ivowbr

Very nice idea! Vote yes!!! PLEASE

RarelyRoger

This IS An Amazing Idea, I would love to have a bot for my discord!

kenny15

eyyy you guys actually did it!  nice

Fredo1928

Well it looks like spotify and discord have some sort of partnership now