Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Partnership] Support for Garmin running watches

I love music when I'm running, but I do not always want to carry my phone.

Garmin introduced a new running watch that let's you download music for on the go, if Spotify whould support this that whould make a ideal combination.

UPDATE:

Thank you Spotify for adding Garmin watches to your platform. Hopefully you will soon add the Forerunner 645 and Vivoactive 3 as well. It's going to be great, listening to your motivating playlists without having to take my phone with me.

Updated on 2018-10-04

Hey!

Thanks for showing your support for this Idea in the Spotify Community.

We're pleased to confirm the Garmin® and Spotify integration, meaning from the 3rd of October 2018 you can now listen to offline playlists from your Garmin®.
You can find full information on the announcement here!

We appreciate all of the feedback, and comments that were provided here.
The Spotify Community Team.

Comments
kev_w

Just got the Garmin Vivoactive 3 music - would love access to my spotify music on the go! At the moment I can only load music pre 2014 when I stopped buying mp3s!

Looks more and more like garmin are going to add music as a standard feature - hopefully just a matter of time before spotify make this idea possible?

jayaranii

Yes this would make me a spotify and Garmin fan for life!

Lyes06

Yes !

There are new hardwares that support Music  like Fenix 5 plus / Fenix 5s Plus / Fenix 5x plus 
Deezer is planified on Garmin Watch ... but I don't want to switch ... I love Spotify.

DanielS8105

I switched to deezer because it is planned to be supported in Garmin Watches. But I would prefer Spotify. Maybe I come back to spotify if it is available on Garmin watches. 

Beachman1

I have a Garmin Fenix 5 plus watch which is not supported by Spotify. 

Its a shame that Spotify doesn’t keep up with new technology because they will lose their customers very quickly as other competitors will jump in to fill the gap. 

Sadly, I will have to cancel Spotify and use another service that supports Garmin watches. 

Levdbas

Yes please, would love to see this happen.

jsannn

That is great idea.

CAS1701

Garmin support needs to happen. I’ve read Spotify is concerned about their functionality on a basic music device like a Garmin watch, but the customers really don’t care about all the bells and whistles that are on the app. If we wanted those, we’d bring our phones on runs with us. We just need access to the music! That’s the only thing that really matters! 

Calenlinke

I would much rather keep using Spotify with my garmin watch and not cancel my subscription for another music streaming service

LaminarFlow

This is a good business opportunity for Spotify. Currently I use an Apple Watch and iOS continually connects preferentially to the Apple Music app even when Spotify was the last thing I was listening to do. If the Garmin watches ran Spotify I would convert to the Garmin and ditch the Apple watch and Apple's attempts to replace Spotify with their competing Music app. It would also expose Spotify to a whole new user base of these watches.