Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Partnership] Support for Garmin running watches

I love music when I'm running, but I do not always want to carry my phone.

Garmin introduced a new running watch that let's you download music for on the go, if Spotify whould support this that whould make a ideal combination.

UPDATE:

Thank you Spotify for adding Garmin watches to your platform. Hopefully you will soon add the Forerunner 645 and Vivoactive 3 as well. It's going to be great, listening to your motivating playlists without having to take my phone with me.

Updated on 2018-10-04

Hey!

Thanks for showing your support for this Idea in the Spotify Community.

We're pleased to confirm the Garmin® and Spotify integration, meaning from the 3rd of October 2018 you can now listen to offline playlists from your Garmin®.
You can find full information on the announcement here!

We appreciate all of the feedback, and comments that were provided here.
The Spotify Community Team.

Comments
ChuckWarnock

Definitely thinking of canceling my premium Spotify account if they only allow Samsung wearables.  I know Garmin would let them in, so Samsung must be paying them off.  Once Deezer is available on the Vivosmart 3 Music I may pull the plug.  You can convert Spotify playlists to Deezer.  

Mandril60

Definitly thinking about switching to deezer/another service that works with Garmin's watches - such a shame, since I am currently a happy spotify customer...

JayREI

Yes please. This wouldn’t be anyone’s only Spotify client but it is an extremely important one.

MD987

Wow, that was rude. Hijacked our issue to talk about yours. This topic with Garmin and Spotify has been going on since January when the Garmin 635 came out. The only way to really push through to spotify is to get on their customer service lines to file reports. I forward the link to a customer service rep in the chat and he said he was going to "look into it". I think the more of us that keep asking them the more proactive they will be in resolving our concerns rather than hoping they will read our 7 month old forum post. 

As for the senior guy good luck with your edevours we might as well include veterans / service members. 

tastik

Please, please, please - I already use Spotify when running, and am exclusively a Garmin user when it comes to running watches. This would be a fantastic partnership!

BenM71

We need this option ASAP please. 

for paying Premium account, spotify should do API integration with all smartwatch available to have offline option.

Deezer is able to do it through Garmin watch so technically there is no limitation on this side.

Moreover SPOTIFY is already givin Samsung Gear watch to use spotify offline therefore why not give this fantastic feature to Garmin users? 

Guardianwill

Now would be a great time to create a unique relationship with a great tracker company named Garmin while they are opening windows with 2 trackers allowing streamed music and downloaded music.  Not only running atch but now even more opportunity here with the vivoactive 3 Music coming into the game -- it'll be opening up a larger audience for sure at its price point...

dp8g-zd6h_56

Great idea, looking forward for Spotify on my Garmin watch

Please bring it on! I love Spotify! 🔥🔥🔥