Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Partnerships] Spotify on Apple Watch

Please create an app for the Apple watch that allows users to change songs and playlists from their watch. Perfect for working out and the busy commute.

Updated on 2018-11-13

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea.

We're pleased to confirm that you can now DJ from your wrist with Spotify on Apple Watch.

> Play, pause, and skip, both music and podcasts.
> Control the volume.
> Get info about what’s playing.
> Play from Recently Played.
> Save your favorites.
> Use Spotify Connect to play to another device.

To get Spotify on Apple Watch you’ll need an iPhone 5 or above, running iOS 10.0 and above, and an Apple Watch on watchOS 4.0 and above.

We have some more info on the Support site: https://support.spotify.com/listen_everywhere/smart_watches/apple-watch/
and the Newsroom:
https://newsroom.spotify.com/2018-11-13/spotify-for-apple-watch-helps-you-keep-time-with-the-music/.

Many thanks!

Comments
rabbyn
@omarchoudhry I love your Spotify for Apple Watch concept. @Spotify, please hurry up, new apps are announced every day now, that would be really disappointing if you guys don't come with some creative apps for the Apple Watch
calumjames
I do hope Spotify have an app ready. All I'd like to be able to do from my Apple Watch is filter and play Your Music, skip track, and add/remove the currently playing song to Your Music. Spotify seem to always be behind with technology: While Facebook had their app redesigned for when iOS 7 was released, it took Spotify ages to release their redesigned app. It took them even longer to release the redesigned iPad app. Apple will reportedly announce their streaming service in June and Spotify risk allowing Apple to beat them with an Apple Watch app.
16alecj
Please make an app!
13orphans

I don't mean to want a full-blown app that can discover music in the Watch app. The Watch is not supposed to be used that way, but should be for lightweight interactions.

I know Watch users can control music playback by using the Now Playing Glance, but it is only for pause, next, or back.

Would be nice if I can select from my saved Spotify playlists to be played on my iPhone, right on my watch. It doesn't even need to allow me to select specific songs.

Just playlists would be great! Thanks.

fvives

iwatch + spotify! ASAP!!!!!

Zakkates

I also think should be able to store a limited amount of Songs based on a playlist on our Apple Watch.

I'd like to go for a run without my iPhone... and have my Spotify music w/ me still.

Urkman

This is embarrassing, that there is no Spotify Update to Support Apple Watch...

Most major Apps already support it...

Kantandane

It's clearly embarassing, most of all because it's a premium service we pay (and we love of course) but Spotify just needs to make this app, at least as a simple remote ! 

zakm

The Watch app store is live now with a few Spotify powered apps. You can get Joy for Spotify (plug) to play any song from Apple Watch.

Joshuadbain
Just to post a follow up on the release date. Any music app playing through the iPhone can be changed using the apple watch. However I did have to start spotify first and then use the watch. However I do think that a full app would be useful!