Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Partnerships] Spotify on Apple Watch

Please create an app for the Apple watch that allows users to change songs and playlists from their watch. Perfect for working out and the busy commute.

Updated on 2018-11-13

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea.

We're pleased to confirm that you can now DJ from your wrist with Spotify on Apple Watch.

> Play, pause, and skip, both music and podcasts.
> Control the volume.
> Get info about what’s playing.
> Play from Recently Played.
> Save your favorites.
> Use Spotify Connect to play to another device.

To get Spotify on Apple Watch you’ll need an iPhone 5 or above, running iOS 10.0 and above, and an Apple Watch on watchOS 4.0 and above.

We have some more info on the Support site: https://support.spotify.com/listen_everywhere/smart_watches/apple-watch/
and the Newsroom:
https://newsroom.spotify.com/2018-11-13/spotify-for-apple-watch-helps-you-keep-time-with-the-music/.

Many thanks!

Comments
Zakkates
The most important part to me would be if we could download a playlist to
the Apple Watch... so we could go for a run and not have to carry our
iPhone in our pocket.

Joshuadbain
I do agree; hopefully there is one in development I wouldn't imagine spotify would turn down this.
elmancho

This is a must, I'd use it all the time !

I SO AM HERE FOR THIS! Would love being able to control what is playing on other devices such as my phone or computer via my watch! 

Good idea!
lukewh

Either a complete app, or somehow hook into the 'Now Playing' on the apple watch to control the Desktop app.

qcasares
Yes, I agree any starter for 10 will,do. In the meantime you can try Joy. It works ok but a native app would be preferable.

thizhkboi

As an owner of a new Apple Watch and an avid Spotify Preminum user, I strongly support this feature. I'm actually surprised that their competitor - Pandora has an Apple Watch App support already. I'm excited to see what Spotify has to offer. 

odeckmyn

I would love to sync one spotify playlist with my watch, just like iTunes does

I use my apple watch for 4 days now. I'm a Spotify Premium user too and i miss so much the feature to control the Spotify App from the watch. For the last 4 days, my spotify use dramatically going down. I think, in the near feature, many Spotify and watch users will doing this behavior.

Is Spotify developing a Watch integration??