Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Partnerships] Spotify on Apple Watch

Please create an app for the Apple watch that allows users to change songs and playlists from their watch. Perfect for working out and the busy commute.

Updated on 2018-11-13

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea.

We're pleased to confirm that you can now DJ from your wrist with Spotify on Apple Watch.

> Play, pause, and skip, both music and podcasts.
> Control the volume.
> Get info about what’s playing.
> Play from Recently Played.
> Save your favorites.
> Use Spotify Connect to play to another device.

To get Spotify on Apple Watch you’ll need an iPhone 5 or above, running iOS 10.0 and above, and an Apple Watch on watchOS 4.0 and above.

We have some more info on the Support site: https://support.spotify.com/listen_everywhere/smart_watches/apple-watch/
and the Newsroom:
https://newsroom.spotify.com/2018-11-13/spotify-for-apple-watch-helps-you-keep-time-with-the-music/.

Many thanks!

Comments
Jᴀᴄᴋ

Glad this one was approved.

zxplod

@Jᴀᴄᴋ wrote:

Glad this one was approved.

It wasn't.  They only put a spotify remote control on the apply watch... NOT spotify. 

antonkremser

offline music!!!

Gili1

Really? Here in Germany there is no update yet. 

Azmi1

*snip*

Hbratke

This is not what we asked for. Let us download music to the watch. A remote for the phone is not needed. 

jodpmarques

Hi there!

Why Spotify won’t play music on the Bluetooth headphones when it’s playing on Apple Watch?

I have an IPhone Xs and an Apple Watch 5, it play music on the Bluetooth headphones if I choose Apple Music, but if I choose Spotify, it only play on my phone instead my headphones.

Nitrocel777
  1. This is not what people were looking for!
  2. Provide an offline function for Apple Watch
  3. nobody needs a remote control for an Iphone
biodevs

i want to be able to use apple watch without iphone, when will we have an app on apple watch that is possible?

bcmail

Don’t hold your breath. Spotify doesn’t give af about this.