Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Partnerships] Spotify on Apple Watch

Please create an app for the Apple watch that allows users to change songs and playlists from their watch. Perfect for working out and the busy commute.

Updated on 2018-11-13

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea.

We're pleased to confirm that you can now DJ from your wrist with Spotify on Apple Watch.

> Play, pause, and skip, both music and podcasts.
> Control the volume.
> Get info about what’s playing.
> Play from Recently Played.
> Save your favorites.
> Use Spotify Connect to play to another device.

To get Spotify on Apple Watch you’ll need an iPhone 5 or above, running iOS 10.0 and above, and an Apple Watch on watchOS 4.0 and above.

We have some more info on the Support site: https://support.spotify.com/listen_everywhere/smart_watches/apple-watch/
and the Newsroom:
https://newsroom.spotify.com/2018-11-13/spotify-for-apple-watch-helps-you-keep-time-with-the-music/.

Many thanks!

Comments
simran9979

It finest to be a part of a competition for one of The best sites on the internet. This internet it'll be advocated by me! I actually enjoyed reading it. This post is quite practical for groundwork that's exact.

https://www.behance.net/gallery/120092159/nainital-models

donnamrossi

I’m unable to play Spotify thru iwatch(airpods) without iPhone on my person or near.  Spotify app on iwatch not showing airpods on device list.   Help! 

MandyDroid
Try to reinstall the app - Also you have to save music to the watch for
playback I don't think you can stream.
Richyrich0621
Make sure you’ve connected the AirPods to you your iPhone. Make sure you have the Spotify installed on your iPhone. Then in your Apple Watch swipe up on the face watch. Slide until you get the circles with the triangle (sound selection icon). Then select the AirPods. Open the Spotify app on your watch and stream. If you have a cellular version which is only the better one then great you don’t need to have it downloaded. If you have the wifi only watch then you’ll need to download the music or be on wifi.
Raghushan

Spotify is not working in apple watch series 7 despite having premium version. The app crashes immediately after opening. This is really frustrating. I see this as a common issue in community. None of the solution works. 

ImMisterG

Hello! 

I am trying to stream/ play from the " My Shazam Tracks" Playlist. The playlist is arranged/ Sorted by "Date Added" so I can listen from the most recent Shazam. However, when I play from Apple Watch 7, it wants to play from a "Custom Order." It took me a while to figure out wth was going on because all my apple devices show the  playlist with "Date added" as the order. If I got to "Sort"  and choose "Custom Order" it shows the order that the Apple watch wants to play. It actually does this from EVERY Playlist and there is no way to change the order from the watch. It really annoying because its the same 50 songs and I have no idea how it chose those songs out of ~ 3,300.

is there a fix for this? Will Spotify allow sorting from the Apple watch 7 or a fix to match what is on my iphone Spotify?

Help!

Thank you!

Charlie_b-

I am really getting **bleep** with you every which way i try to reach out is just **bleep** show  google doesn't recognize  **bleep**. I am really getting upset  and your help sucks so bad  and i hate talking like this but it is the truth you expect me to ask a bunch of people who have problems yea sure

JakubMat

On Apple Watch 8 without connection to my phone Spotify in offline mode doesn’t work. 
if someone have solution for that ? Or the easiest option is buy subscription in competition company ? 

boo_wilbury

cool