Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Partnerships] Spotify on Apple Watch

Please create an app for the Apple watch that allows users to change songs and playlists from their watch. Perfect for working out and the busy commute.

Updated on 2018-11-13

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea.

We're pleased to confirm that you can now DJ from your wrist with Spotify on Apple Watch.

> Play, pause, and skip, both music and podcasts.
> Control the volume.
> Get info about what’s playing.
> Play from Recently Played.
> Save your favorites.
> Use Spotify Connect to play to another device.

To get Spotify on Apple Watch you’ll need an iPhone 5 or above, running iOS 10.0 and above, and an Apple Watch on watchOS 4.0 and above.

We have some more info on the Support site: https://support.spotify.com/listen_everywhere/smart_watches/apple-watch/
and the Newsroom:
https://newsroom.spotify.com/2018-11-13/spotify-for-apple-watch-helps-you-keep-time-with-the-music/.

Many thanks!

Top Answer
MattSuda
Spotify Star

Good news!

Spotify now supports downloads on Apple Watch. This will be rolling out over the next several weeks.

Check out this Spotify news article for more info:

Enjoy More Ways Than Ever to Use Spotify on Your Apple Watch—Now With Downloads 

Comments
Oracleyoda
I agree if it’s Apple stopping this, my next watch is an Android
Lyricmaster

Surely you must be tired of hearing complaints from your users about our inability to utilise your service through our Apple Watches without the need of carrying the phone.

This has not been a recent request by your loyal customers. Other service providers have been able to make this happen with Pandora announcing/implementing their solutions. Surely you don't want to be the guys BEHIND Pandora!

i have read a lot of these comments and they all point to a simple fact. Spotify are not taking their customers seriously. You have a major market, especially in running/jogging/walking enthusiasts who are looking to you for a response. At some point they will run/jog/walk away from Spotify to a service that provides what they need and have been asking for.

PLEASE! Let us know what your thoughts are.

Yours sincerly

Frustrated 

Kaelus667

This Apple Watch Spotify app is pretty bad rn... Terrible latency in displaying currently playing song, very bad sensitivity of volume changer, so on and so on. Waited for this app for a while but right now can't say any reason for it to exist.

Oracleyoda
But is it Spotify being indifferent to users or Apple blocking them to push Apple Music?

No one with knowledge will answer
Inthedetails

Agree. We need Spotify to update their app to a stand alone app for the Apple Watch. We don’t want to run with our phones.

loydcoyl

Seriously, after that time you have not updated the application; I recently bought apple watch 4 without lte and I can not hear my music offline as a premium user at spotify. It is so tragic if he does not listen to your subscribers. Do not be afraid why more and more subscribers are growing in apple music.

Gili1
Yes it’s really a shame what they do at Spotify - or not do! I have the AW4 with LTE but that doesn’t help me anyway.
The very nice app Apollo, made by a single person by the way, showed that it’s easy to make an independent (from the iPhone) Spotify-App for the AW with offline music and streaming. Why didn’t Spotify used the work of this developer after they killed the app? I think it’s all about money that Spotify gets when they offer these premium functions exclusively to Android phones.
letuanseb
Guys we have to stop complaining about this to Spotify. The reason there is no Spotify app on the Apple Watch is because Apple won't allow it, as it is pushing Apple Music. It's not that complicated.

So if you must complain, complain to the right entity. You are all barking up the wrong tree.
Gili1
Apple accepted the Apollo app. It was Spotify who stopped it.
loydcoyl