Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Partnerships] Spotify on Apple Watch

Please create an app for the Apple watch that allows users to change songs and playlists from their watch. Perfect for working out and the busy commute.

Updated on 2018-11-13

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea.

We're pleased to confirm that you can now DJ from your wrist with Spotify on Apple Watch.

> Play, pause, and skip, both music and podcasts.
> Control the volume.
> Get info about what’s playing.
> Play from Recently Played.
> Save your favorites.
> Use Spotify Connect to play to another device.

To get Spotify on Apple Watch you’ll need an iPhone 5 or above, running iOS 10.0 and above, and an Apple Watch on watchOS 4.0 and above.

We have some more info on the Support site: https://support.spotify.com/listen_everywhere/smart_watches/apple-watch/
and the Newsroom:
https://newsroom.spotify.com/2018-11-13/spotify-for-apple-watch-helps-you-keep-time-with-the-music/.

Many thanks!

Top Answer
MattSuda
Spotify Star

Good news!

Spotify now supports downloads on Apple Watch. This will be rolling out over the next several weeks.

Check out this Spotify news article for more info:

Enjoy More Ways Than Ever to Use Spotify on Your Apple Watch—Now With Downloads 

Comments
khakihaki
If there won't be a spotify, I'd seriously reconsider getting one. I do fitness and running, aaand I don't use iTunes anymore, but Spotify. So please, make it happen.
keepaustinAJ

It can store 2GB of data ... no need for a phone when running.  And it has GPS without phone too.

danielhowells

now that we know the Apple Watch will support Bluetooth headphones it would be awesome to have an Spotify app that supports offline listening. That way we can leave the phone at home! 

bd7349
Any idea if this is happening?
alfonso_cast
I'm in!
Jamesk811

I know it stores 2gb keepaustinAJ however I dont have any music at all stored. All my music is from Spotify and without a SPotify app allowing us to save songs for offline listening then we wont be able to.

CamCovington

I agree. It seems like the Apple Watch's Music app only supports iTunes music, so a dedicated Spotify app would make life a lot easier. I control Spotify with my Pebble now, and I don't want to lose that functionality once I get an Apple Watch. PLEASE make this happen!

webstylecenter

It's probably already going to work with it in some way. I guess that when you play songs you can skipp forward and back, pauze and resume just like with iTunes.

Having an interface to interact with Spotify Connect would be a great addition though.

KW1

Great idea. I don't know if the Apple Watch will support Spotify day-one without an app. Apple seem to make it very clear that a companion app is required to work with apps on the phone as an extension.

I know (HOPE) Spotify is working on an app for the Watch and not just some lame controller. I can only wish for a native app with depth that takes advantage of the exclusive features coming with the Watch.

I have invested more than $240 USD in this service and can only hope it's going toward R&D and not just the record labels.

XipZibbel

Please, please, please create a Spotify Apple Watch app! As soon as you can!

Yes, I know it would still require (and tether to) the iPhone app, but it would make it so much more convenient to listen to Spotify on the run! 

And Spotify certainly doesn't want to get left behind: Apple streaming is coming around the bend, and we just KNOW Apple will include a Watch app to control it. It would behoove Spotify to have one FIRST.

Thank you,

XZ