Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Picture on Profile

I would like to suugest the option of adding our own pictures or avitars WITHOUT linking it to our Facebook accounts.

I know there are some of us that were fortunate enough to get Spotify before it linked with Facebook and I would love to add my picture on the account page.

Updated: 2016-10-20

We’re excited to finally share that you can now upload your own profile picture on Desktop. Uploading via iOS and Android to follow. The feature is slowly rolling out so if you don’t have it yet check back soon. Thanks for the feedback. Enjoy!

Comments
emmanbautista

I been in premium account for long period of time and I cannot even change my profile picture to what I prefered. This request has been posted 4 years ago and still not action taken. I hope this does not sound an insult but, a 2nd year in college programmer can even do the same feature. How come you, Spotify, cannot do it?

halley_carleton

I've given up all hope of spotify ever adding this minor feature. They are in the habit of ignoring feature requests these days. It feels like they have downsized their dev team down to the bare minimum.

As soon as I see a viable alternative I'm jumping ship. The only reason I haven't moved to Deezer is that they don't have a linux desktop app which is a deal breaker for me.

UnCAPTCHA

I think this is the only request/feedback thread on the entire internet that doesn't have dissenting voices in it. 

Figure out a way around whatever deal you have with Facebook and make it happen. This is silly already.

Lauracaputo86

The picture I see here next to my nickname is not even my profile pic. Wth is this?

JDfunky

Today for some reason I received an email from Spotify about this. They helpfully suggested if I wanted to add a profile pic to my Spotify account, all I needed to do was...(wait for it) ... sign up with my Facebook account!  😮 

Someone sure has got a sense of humour there at Spotify Customer Support, I'll give them that. 

They also said they would pass on the idea to the "right folks" to consider. This one currently has 6,348 votes. I wonder how many it will take?

If you have other friends who are on Spotify that would like to see this introduced as well, perhaps ask them to go to this link: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Picture-on-Profile/idi-p/11523 and vote for the idea too.

cheers JD

bleras

100% agree!!!

Please, understand that there is still a lot of people out from FB... 

I want my picture on my profile!!

UnCAPTCHA

I can't stand that so many companies treat FB as if it is some fact of life, and like if it isn't a fact of your life already, you need to make it so. Why does everything I do on the internet have to get Facebook paid for crying out loud?

samarnett

I'm pretty sure this just got added like right now! I just added a profile photo. I feel so alive. Now I just need playlist descriptions...

Crakktastical
Nope - still not able to add a photo to the profile. Spotify doesn't care about this feedback - if they did, this wouldn't continue to be an issue.
samarnett

ummm...I just added a photo. I have a profile photo. Possible that it is a beta test that only select users got invited to?

Here's a link to my profile which now has a profile photo without facebook (my profile)