Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Picture on Profile

I would like to suugest the option of adding our own pictures or avitars WITHOUT linking it to our Facebook accounts.

I know there are some of us that were fortunate enough to get Spotify before it linked with Facebook and I would love to add my picture on the account page.

Updated: 2016-10-20

We’re excited to finally share that you can now upload your own profile picture on Desktop. Uploading via iOS and Android to follow. The feature is slowly rolling out so if you don’t have it yet check back soon. Thanks for the feedback. Enjoy!

Comments
soulyinclined

TOTALLY ridculous that this isn't possible. I have never, and will never, be on Facebook. I'll be up front. Spotify you will lose me as a customer if your platform does not accomdate people who don't care to be strong armed into joining FB. Frankly, it's insulting your leadership thinks this is okay.

katseyemedia

Wow I too am shocked - I can't have a profile pic if I don't connect to Facebook! That's nuts! When will this be fixed?

Side note on this, I did try to connect to FB but I can't.

Know why?

Because I got an early US based Spotify account and set it up with a name that is different from my Facebook account. When I try to link the 2 accounts Spotify tells me I can't because they are different and it becomes a secondary account. This makes no sense. You are penalizing me for being an early adopter - smart business move Spotify - NOT.

ulf

I'm sure the total Facebook integration is a boon for you Spotify business people and all, but is it really necessary to ostracise those of us who don't want to be on Facebook (and joined Spotify before you put all your eggs in Zuckerberg's hegemony basket) to the degree that we're not even granted the very modest privilege of the account personalization through a custom profile image?

Sadly I believe I understand how businesses operate and that this gung-ho Facebook embrace is synonymous with the likes of me and their trivial requests being immaterial to Spotify Ltd. For shame.

jordan_renee

yes! reward us early users!

Prim
I don't want to become a Facebook member in order to add a picture either!

bump

I want this as well, please

alexxxH

would be a nice feature!!

Willoz

Need this feature too, please. 

I suscribed Spotify before FB integration, and does not want to link my FB account (which I barely use) to "just" add a profile picture.

Thanx !

friggenawesome

Totally agree. I AM NOT A GREY SHAPE WITHOUT FEATURES! 

It was the first thing I went to do when getting an account... customise and personalise it, guys. Basic stuff.

Thanks! 

robjjones

Would be great if you could do this - enhancement of the user experience and a bit of personalisation.

What's not to like?