Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Picture on Profile

I would like to suugest the option of adding our own pictures or avitars WITHOUT linking it to our Facebook accounts.

I know there are some of us that were fortunate enough to get Spotify before it linked with Facebook and I would love to add my picture on the account page.

Updated: 2016-10-20

We’re excited to finally share that you can now upload your own profile picture on Desktop. Uploading via iOS and Android to follow. The feature is slowly rolling out so if you don’t have it yet check back soon. Thanks for the feedback. Enjoy!

Comments
RogueLeader

I am using the desktop app on Linux (Fedora 29) through flatpak, and I can't set my profile picture. It opens a file selection dialog, but after I choose a JPEG image with the required specs, it simply doesn't do anything -- no error messages, nothing. Anyone else also experiencing this? Any ideas?

victor-nw

2019, n i still can't add profile photo using android or chromebook.. 😞

Hallo, wir haben jetzt Ende Januar 2019, ich bin Premium Mitglied, zahle jeden Monat und kann noch kein Profilbild einstellen, weil ich kein Facebook Account habe? Wie kann das möglich sein?????? Ich hoffe, dass dies in NAHER Zukunft endlich ohne Facebook funktioniert !!!!

Maxim

Hey @user-removed,

wie kommst du auf so etwas?

Das Status Update ist ziemlich direkt: "We’re excited to finally share that you can now upload your own profile picture on Desktop. Uploading via iOS and Android to follow. The feature is slowly rolling out so if you don’t have it yet check back soon. Thanks for the feedback. Enjoy!"

🙂

Bop_Pills

I can't upload a profile pic. I've read that now you can do it, but not me, i've tried and nothing, it doesn't work at all.spot.png

Maxim

Hey @Bop_Pills,

That's because you're trying to change your profile picture via the website, instead of the desktop app 🙂

Right now, it can only be updated via the desktop app: https://spotify.com/download

frankthered
What are you trying to do it through try through computer you should be able to do it through website if you look at my account I have the Celtic logo as my profile picture but you can add photo as well
Bop_Pills

At last!

Thanx a lot Maxim, didn't know i had to dowload the app on my pc.

It's done! 😉

Bop_Pills

Downloaded the app on my pc, finally changed the profile pic, but here i still have this avatar image. It takes time to change..?

frankthered
Good Stuff glad to be of assistance