Announcements

[Playlists] Increase the number of participants in Blend

The newest update to Spotify with the blend in mobile edition is very cool. I was thinking to extend upon that idea there should be a party setting so say you make a playlist and it has your songs but you can invite up to ten people and the songs Blend together like in the Blend playlist. It would be very similar to the blend playlist but when you invite people to the playlist they can click the link to accept and then it changes the playlist to work alongside the new people, you can also see the playlist if all the people in the playlist agree to put it on public but people can’t join without the link by the host. 

Updated on 2022-06-28

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that Blend playlists can now be expanded and accommodate up to 10 people. There's more info here.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
Pheylm

THIS

I know Blend is still being rolled out, I don't even have the feature myself yet. But a friend sent me an expired link and I spent almost an hour sharing the link to blend with as many people I know.

Adding to Wizardboss11's idea it would be really awesome if artist could have a blend section as well. You know, just like the playlists they can have on their profile a Blend option would be great! But I dunno if the have a collection as well.

Imagine having playlists built with your and your favorite artist's music. **bleep** I would even try to see what I get with some artists I don't follow.

Alex
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-06-03

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Luan
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-08-23

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos yet. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to continue sharing it to get more kudos. Folks can still add their votes and comments in order to support it.

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here.

Emalia

Just like duo blend Playlist but without the limit of you and only 1 other user.

Novy
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-08-23

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Luan
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-11-23

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos yet. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to continue sharing it to get more kudos. Folks can still add their votes and comments in order to support it.

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here.

diehurtado
  • Just like daily mixes or other playlists suggested by spotify based on what you listen but for couples and friend groups. Basically the algorithm suggests what music they would like to share together. Comes from personal experience where I listen all the music my ex wouldn't and vice versa, so we made a playlist specially for both.  
Zaptrix

I think the number of participants for group blends should be increased to at least 15, maybe 20.

I've got a fairly large group of close friends that I talk to on a daily basis and having a daily playlist that's consistent with everyone's music tastes would be really cool. (Ours is already full)

Kiril
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2022-06-28

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that Blend playlists can now be expanded and accommodate up to 10 people. There's more info here.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Env: prod