[Playlists] Ordering the playlist

For context: I have one long playlist that I keep adding to and removing songs from

Problem: Most times when I listen to the playlist I like to go to the most recently added songs which are always at the bottom and have to scroll through 200 songs each time to get to the latest song (because playlists often close and it is tough to switch between podcasts and playlists). It seems illogical that the order of playlists has to remain static even when some people keep 

Solution: It would be great if playlists were ordered with the newest songs at the top and older songs at the bottom so whatever you add you can listen to first and then get towards the songs that have been in the playlist a long time. Alternatively, it would be great to be able to drag songs and re-order them in terms of slow songs at the start moving to more up beat songs. 

Updated on 2020-05-20

Hey @Kika5 

You can use the filter to change the way a playlist is presented. In songs/artists/albums views, just click the three dot menu to Sort Playlist. Recently added is one of the options. Click it once or twice to toggle between 'old to new' and 'new to old'.

filters_instagram.png

Also, a similar idea has also been suggested here, and only one thread can exist per idea:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Mobile-Playlists-Top-Bottom-of-playlist-button/idi-p/484...

Please vote for it, and add a comment there, so it may be considered. Any update on the matter should be posted there.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

Comments
Rock Star 23
Rock Star 23
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2020-05-20

Hey @Kika5 

You can use the filter to change the way a playlist is presented. In songs/artists/albums views, just click the three dot menu to Sort Playlist. Recently added is one of the options. Click it once or twice to toggle between 'old to new' and 'new to old'.

filters_instagram.png

Also, a similar idea has also been suggested here, and only one thread can exist per idea:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Mobile-Playlists-Top-Bottom-of-playlist-button/idi-p/484...

Please vote for it, and add a comment there, so it may be considered. Any update on the matter should be posted there.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂