Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] Sorting Options for List of Playlists

I would love to be able to sort my playlists by Artists, then drill down by album so as not to clutter my Spotify. It's pretty hard to organize my playlists the current way. Any ideas on a future iteration that will enable this capability?

Updated on 2019-06-25

Hey folks,

Slight update to this idea, which we think is worth highlighting. With the recent update to Your Library on mobile, it's now possible to sort and filter your Playlists, Artists and Albums in more ways. 

To find the filters, just pull down on the tab you're on, select filters and then choose the one you'd like. The 'Custom Order' filter on the Playlist section will mirror the order you have on Desktop - which means it's now possible to maintain the way your organise your tunes on Desktop across to Mobile. 

We'd recommend checking out this Spotify Answer for tips on how to add playlist folders using the desktop app. They're super handy for keeping your music organized.

With the search function at the top it's also possible to drill down by Artist in your Album section. To do so, just pull down and type the name of the artist you're looking for. 

Will now mark this idea as Implemented.

Thanks!

Comments
dimmly

Basic and fundamental - well, one would presume so! I've been trying to get Spotify to do this for the past 3/4 years, will they listen? Doesn't seem like it. But hey, they can't even get the payment renewal page info right, so what chance with something as simple as this?

rachhall

Dear Spotify,

Please add the ability to sort playlists... we would all really apreciate it!!

joshcaffey

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GET THIS IN THE NEXT RELEASE!!!!

anananas

I would really love to have this implemented. This is still keeping me from chaning 100% from iTunes to Spotify: I have a list of artists that I regularely listen to and I would like to be able to browse through this list with only artist names. 

Pretty please?

greirik

I have been waiting for this option on the ordinary playlists as well. I organize my playlist like Artist -> albums, and each time I make a new playlist, I have to drag it up or down to make it fit in alphabetically.

martini

Me too please! This would be a great feature. Thanks

TheEponymousBob
I'm starting to amass a huge number of playlists on my iPhone, and finding them is becoming painful. If a hierarchical artist/album/song system is too much work for the short term, the ability (or even just as a default) to sort alphabetically—perhaps using a standard iOS alphabet side-menu—would make life a lot easier.
frankvirtual

Please add the ability to sort playlists. Preferably both by alphabetical order and by date modified/date created.

It should be in place by now.

f

reino4

I would love to have the option of having a playlist I share not being automatically sorted by oldest additions to latest.

vurtual

Or at the very least, a search function for playlists like the search function for tracks within a playlist...