Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] Sorting Options for List of Playlists

I would love to be able to sort my playlists by Artists, then drill down by album so as not to clutter my Spotify. It's pretty hard to organize my playlists the current way. Any ideas on a future iteration that will enable this capability?

Updated on 2019-06-25

Hey folks,

Slight update to this idea, which we think is worth highlighting. With the recent update to Your Library on mobile, it's now possible to sort and filter your Playlists, Artists and Albums in more ways. 

To find the filters, just pull down on the tab you're on, select filters and then choose the one you'd like. The 'Custom Order' filter on the Playlist section will mirror the order you have on Desktop - which means it's now possible to maintain the way your organise your tunes on Desktop across to Mobile. 

We'd recommend checking out this Spotify Answer for tips on how to add playlist folders using the desktop app. They're super handy for keeping your music organized.

With the search function at the top it's also possible to drill down by Artist in your Album section. To do so, just pull down and type the name of the artist you're looking for. 

Will now mark this idea as Implemented.

Thanks!

Comments
mikeyspikes

wait, ignore me, I've just figured out how to do it. 

robbaby007

There's a closed idea here,

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Sort-Playlists-Alphabetically/idi-p/699414

and that idea refers to another idea as the same idea but it is not the same idea,

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Playlist-sorting-options/idi-p/181

In the desktop windows version, it would be good to be able to sort the list of playlist names by name (i.e. alphabetically). The mobile version has this option.

Note that I am NOT talking about the ordering of songs within a playlist.

godwinchu

I want to be able to at least sort my playlists in alphabetical order on the desktop player. I can do it on mobile, so why not on the desktop?

glenquiring

How could this not be a feature?  Wierd. Please implement! 🙂

That's me off to Amazon Music Unlimited at the beginning of April then.

Spotify really neeed automated alphabetic playlists

Almost time to say Adios Spotify

CaioMarola

All another's music apps have better and easier music sorting facilities for the playlists. So, I would appreciate if you could make some improvement I could sort by album or artist.

drg1138

This thread is so old.  Why is this not an option.  Even sorting alphabetcly would be suficient at this point.

I don't under stand why we can not sort playlists in anyway is not available on spotify.  It is suck a basic function.  Even my Creative mp3 player from 2003 could do it.

Trademarks

How about allowing Android users to simply re-order their playlists? I'm testing Spotify out to see if I want to stick with it instead of Google Play Music All Access and, so far, Spotify seems to lack some very basic features. Extremely disappointed.

crematedman

The more user-friendly tools people have to sort their playlists, the better, in my opinion!

Niko18

Yes, please add that option. I think it's a given thing anyway.