Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] Sorting Options for List of Playlists

I would love to be able to sort my playlists by Artists, then drill down by album so as not to clutter my Spotify. It's pretty hard to organize my playlists the current way. Any ideas on a future iteration that will enable this capability?

Updated on 2019-06-25

Hey folks,

Slight update to this idea, which we think is worth highlighting. With the recent update to Your Library on mobile, it's now possible to sort and filter your Playlists, Artists and Albums in more ways. 

To find the filters, just pull down on the tab you're on, select filters and then choose the one you'd like. The 'Custom Order' filter on the Playlist section will mirror the order you have on Desktop - which means it's now possible to maintain the way your organise your tunes on Desktop across to Mobile. 

We'd recommend checking out this Spotify Answer for tips on how to add playlist folders using the desktop app. They're super handy for keeping your music organized.

With the search function at the top it's also possible to drill down by Artist in your Album section. To do so, just pull down and type the name of the artist you're looking for. 

Will now mark this idea as Implemented.

Thanks!

Comments
N4TNF_CW

There is blurring of the lines with genre if Spotify did this alone, but it makes great sense for users to create their own genre labels and name them individually.  That was interesting when we had audio cassettes. 

johnsh816

I just want to be able to be able to put my most used playlists at the top.  Don't think this has anything to do with audio cassettes.  What am I missing?

N4TNF_CW
Remembering my son's flexibility "burning" MP3 cassettes for girlfriends or
a party. He controlled playlists, stacked in his own order. To me, your
question seems simply done if a playlist box is dragged to its order. Now
they are nearly random. Doesn't seem complicated. Stacking playlists your
way. Should be done.
MariaSmith23

You could use MusConv.com 🙂

gibson13

I would like to sort playlists from recently added versus songs added years ago. Has anyone mentioned this in this specific request, or can I get pointed to another simliar request that deals with playlist sorting based on date added?

stockba
Ha. Good luck with that.
that_dozen

Is there ever going to be any movement on an option to sort playlists alphabetically? Geez...I've been on Spotify for 8 years and this still isn't avilable. You guys are a big company, this doesnt seem like a hard string of code for your engineers to implement, wth?! Even Tidal has this, the amount of replies your company has spent telling us a million other ways to do this could have been directed to simply building the solution.

stockba

Still funny,after all these years!

art1976

Playlist can just add "songs" but can't have "album playlist" or "band playlist". i would love to create a playlist like top 20 best thrash meal album or favorite 30 thrash matal bands into my playlist. but it's not allowed. it will be very convenient if playlist allows users to add "albums" or "bands" but  not only "songs"

TomLegend
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2019-01-11

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea for sorting options for your playlists.

We're keeping this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

As a heads up, we'd recommend checking out this Spotify Answer for tips on how to add playlist folders using the desktop app. They're super handy for keeping your music organized. 

If you're looking for tips on how to Sort and Filter inside your playlists, take a look at this Answer

Thanks