Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] Sorting Options for List of Playlists

I would love to be able to sort my playlists by Artists, then drill down by album so as not to clutter my Spotify. It's pretty hard to organize my playlists the current way. Any ideas on a future iteration that will enable this capability?

Updated on 2019-06-25

Hey folks,

Slight update to this idea, which we think is worth highlighting. With the recent update to Your Library on mobile, it's now possible to sort and filter your Playlists, Artists and Albums in more ways. 

To find the filters, just pull down on the tab you're on, select filters and then choose the one you'd like. The 'Custom Order' filter on the Playlist section will mirror the order you have on Desktop - which means it's now possible to maintain the way your organise your tunes on Desktop across to Mobile. 

We'd recommend checking out this Spotify Answer for tips on how to add playlist folders using the desktop app. They're super handy for keeping your music organized.

With the search function at the top it's also possible to drill down by Artist in your Album section. To do so, just pull down and type the name of the artist you're looking for. 

Will now mark this idea as Implemented.

Thanks!

Comments
oreillee

@Rene01 Right. I don't love the folder solution. Filters are better than folders whenever possible.

Still can't filter by download under artist or access pull down search/filter bar within a playlist.

Rene01

Hi @user-removed,

Since this idea is already implemented, I don't know if somebody is still reading this.

There is another idea which describes your request I think, please check it and give it your vote: 

Change filter option

Regards,

René

Regards,

René

spfitzinger

It was implemented, but in an update earlier this year, our sorting options disappeared. Will we be getting the option to sort again? It's a very big deal with large playlists and search results. Thanks.

stockba
Don't hold your breath. lol
cre8ivechick

I see this functionality on the mobile app.  Does this exist for the Mac desktop app? 

ehopp

How is it that this very simple idea from 9 years ago, to be able to view playlists in alphabetical order, still not implemented in the desktop app? The fact that this was marked as implemented when it's only implemented on mobile is incredibly frustrating. 

Eliembys

You can do it on your phone but not on the computer. This isn't a simple "good idea" this is a priority. It doesn't make sense that a button like that isn't yet available. It's so user unfriendly, it's not even funny. I can't even access a page to see all my playlists on the computer either, all I have is the playlists in the side of the page and dragging them manually isn't a reasonable way to spend the next few hours. This is absolutely infuriating. These posts asking for this date back to almost 10 years ago and this still hasn't been updated!! I find it disrespectful and a very good reason to leave Spotify forever for another company that has more consideration for their users

stockba
I have been on board for 9 of the 10 years. lol
Before I pass away is my goal.
UnicornDarkly

I just tried to google a way to find how to view all my playlists on the desktop version, and landed on this page. It's getting tedious to manage the increasing number of playlist, to a point I hesitate to follow interesting new playlists because it creates clutter.

F***ing ridiculous if the only way to browse them is with the ~440x660 section on the left of the maximized window. And no way to sort other than by hand.

Spotify is a pretty good service for the money (notwidthstanding the questionable compensation to the artists) but oversights like this make me so frustrated and look for alternatives.