Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] Sorting Options for List of Playlists

I would love to be able to sort my playlists by Artists, then drill down by album so as not to clutter my Spotify. It's pretty hard to organize my playlists the current way. Any ideas on a future iteration that will enable this capability?

Updated on 2019-06-25

Hey folks,

Slight update to this idea, which we think is worth highlighting. With the recent update to Your Library on mobile, it's now possible to sort and filter your Playlists, Artists and Albums in more ways. 

To find the filters, just pull down on the tab you're on, select filters and then choose the one you'd like. The 'Custom Order' filter on the Playlist section will mirror the order you have on Desktop - which means it's now possible to maintain the way your organise your tunes on Desktop across to Mobile. 

We'd recommend checking out this Spotify Answer for tips on how to add playlist folders using the desktop app. They're super handy for keeping your music organized.

With the search function at the top it's also possible to drill down by Artist in your Album section. To do so, just pull down and type the name of the artist you're looking for. 

Will now mark this idea as Implemented.

Thanks!

Comments
siplumb
What I would love is to random all localised content.. Make it happen!!!
mickybubbles

why people make a "playlist" just of one album is beyond me. why not just click to that album and play it?! 

eliot33

I agree that playlists and subfolders have to be maintained and seem like a complete waste of time to me.

Bring on Smart Playlists and a Column Browser. Then you'll have iTunes well and truly beaten!

bradavon

This bug's really annoying it. It didn't used to be there.

ole

Make alfabetik sorting of playlists

RackoWacko

If I ruled the world, there would exist the ability to automatically order playlists alpabetically. Seems kind of a basic feature to me. I'm curious why Spotify does not offer the feature, while other music services do offer auto alpha sort. Search feature is fair, but often I prefer to visually browse my playlists.

soer68

I totally agree.  Better and more options to sort our lists. How hard can it be?

I have my own favourite spotify list, which i constantly use and update but it has over 600 songs. And even if You use random it keeps on picking the same songs over and over again. Totally annoying!!Smiley Frustrated

timiambeing

I have entire album playlists inside other playlist folders (year/genre/just found - that sort of thing) - trouble is I think I have duplicate versions of some albums spread about the place, but I can't find them because the Library filter always shows just one version - regardless how many duplicates you might have! So a sort playlists alphabetically would be great for me :0)

rrkelley

Would love this functionality as well.  The playlists are already a hassle to manage, if your not going to give us album or artist view, maybe this would suffice.

casper

I would love the option of  sorting playlists alphabetically, in stead of dragging them in the right order.