Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] Sorting Options for List of Playlists

I would love to be able to sort my playlists by Artists, then drill down by album so as not to clutter my Spotify. It's pretty hard to organize my playlists the current way. Any ideas on a future iteration that will enable this capability?

Updated on 2019-06-25

Hey folks,

Slight update to this idea, which we think is worth highlighting. With the recent update to Your Library on mobile, it's now possible to sort and filter your Playlists, Artists and Albums in more ways. 

To find the filters, just pull down on the tab you're on, select filters and then choose the one you'd like. The 'Custom Order' filter on the Playlist section will mirror the order you have on Desktop - which means it's now possible to maintain the way your organise your tunes on Desktop across to Mobile. 

We'd recommend checking out this Spotify Answer for tips on how to add playlist folders using the desktop app. They're super handy for keeping your music organized.

With the search function at the top it's also possible to drill down by Artist in your Album section. To do so, just pull down and type the name of the artist you're looking for. 

Will now mark this idea as Implemented.

Thanks!

Comments
johnsh816

Thanks for the info.

spookymatt

It's crazy that this already isn't a feature. It should definitely happen because looking through my playlist right now on macOS is atrocious.

mandex85

Why would anyone want filter Artist>Album???

More logical choise would be Artist>Song

this seems to be impossible on mobile version, can only do either one, Artist>random songs or Random artists>Song i mean seriusly?????

I want alphabeticly

Artist Name 1 - Song Name 1

Artist Name 1 - Song Name 2

Artist Name 1 - Song Name 3

stockba
The topic has been pc not phone.
THX

The ability to sort spotify curated playlists by date added would be nice so that we're not having to hunt for recently added songs through a list of songs we've already heard and seen.

Christoffer73

This is available on the mobile version, which is great. But I really missit in the desktop app.

kristinadm0128

I am not happy with the new desktop view of my playlist. I cannot Sort At ALLL!!!!! all i can do is drag. I do not want to sort like that

ulrichburke

Dear Everyone.

If you can sort things the way you want on the phone app,  you can on the PC too. There's emulators out there that let you run phone apps. on PCs. All you have to do is get the emulator, run the phone app. on the PC, sort however you want, or however it lets you.  

Hoping that helps

Yours respectfully

Chris.

stockba
Don't use\have a phone.
DCB

Seriously why hasn't the option to sort playlists alphabetically been implemented yet, this seems like such a minor thing that should have been offered from the start. Thousands of people have requested this before and still 2 years later from one of the other 'closed' ideas, this hasn't been taken into consideration.