Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] Sorting Options for List of Playlists

I would love to be able to sort my playlists by Artists, then drill down by album so as not to clutter my Spotify. It's pretty hard to organize my playlists the current way. Any ideas on a future iteration that will enable this capability?

Updated on 2019-06-25

Hey folks,

Slight update to this idea, which we think is worth highlighting. With the recent update to Your Library on mobile, it's now possible to sort and filter your Playlists, Artists and Albums in more ways. 

To find the filters, just pull down on the tab you're on, select filters and then choose the one you'd like. The 'Custom Order' filter on the Playlist section will mirror the order you have on Desktop - which means it's now possible to maintain the way your organise your tunes on Desktop across to Mobile. 

We'd recommend checking out this Spotify Answer for tips on how to add playlist folders using the desktop app. They're super handy for keeping your music organized.

With the search function at the top it's also possible to drill down by Artist in your Album section. To do so, just pull down and type the name of the artist you're looking for. 

Will now mark this idea as Implemented.

Thanks!

Comments
stockba
Tom, that is freakin' hilarious!!
this_is_it

It's incredible that such a simple but essential feature as sorting your own playlists by name etc has not been implemented yet. I really cannot wrap my head around it. I love spotify but I really hate having to scroll through my playlists (I have many) to find the ones I'm looking for and regularly scrolling past the one I'm searching for.

johnsh816

I am not a programmer but I do know that that creating ordered playlists would not require a major company effort.  This is not a new or unique request.  Users keep paying them so I guess they feel there is no need to improve their product.  It just shows how little Spotify cares about their customers.

Trademarks

@this_is_it wrote:

It's incredible that such a simple but essential feature as sorting your own playlists by name etc has not been implemented yet. I really cannot wrap my head around it. I love spotify but I really hate having to scroll through my playlists (I have many) to find the ones I'm looking for and regularly scrolling past the one I'm searching for.

Welcome to Spotify. They lack a surprising number of basic features and then tell you that the "solution" is to use the desktop player. That's not a solution; we're in a mobile world. It's a lazy workaround. I know a lot of people who never use the desktop client. They solely use their phone.

To make matters worse, these features are trivial for developers to implement. Literally every other comparable product has these basic features. To be fair to the developers, however , who knows if any of this is truly passed on to them. It could be the moderators here who don't pass the idea/message along.

Either way, whether it be the moderators, developers, or project managers, Spotify is employing some disgustingly lazy people.

Sravan12

hi i am a new user to spotify. At first i loved it but there is no proper sorting of songs of specific artist. Like sorting on bases of popularity, latest. Please make this feature possible.

stockba
We have been waiting for only (8) years, so please be patient.
#CluelessatSoptify
redkeoma

yes, like "Rolling Stones" with 4000 Albums. I am not able to handle this.

RSS1943

I've been getting the below worn-out answer re: alphebetizing playlists for years !! Garbage !!!!!!!! Time to smarten up Spotify and give your customers what they want or at least a reasonable answer as to why it's not feasible/ getting done.

"Updated on 2019-01-11

Hey folks, 

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea for sorting options for your playlists.

We're keeping this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status."

stockba
What is so amazing is that we have been badmouthing them on their own serv and they don't know or care. (Or they think it is funny as well) lol
cjcroft

"Not right now" but people have been asking for this since 2012. The mobile app has this feature already, and never didn't from what I can remember. Feel like it should be a simple thing to implement. But okay. I make lots of playlists and finding one in the Desktop app is way more difficult than it could be. Dragging them around to organize is not exactly fun.