Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playstation] Last.fm Support (Scrobbling)

Thanks for the Playstation app!!

I wanted to get this feature request in the door as soon as I saw the note that Last.fm integration (i.e. scrobbling) is not supported. Is this on the feature roadmap?  (Is there a feature roadmap for the Playstation app?)  Thanks!

Updated on 2019-07-12

Hey folks,

Sorry for the delay on this one. 

As @hans-jürgen has mentioned, scrobbling is now works when you play tracks on Playstation. 

You can check out the Last.FM update here.

Thanks!

Comments
Kemble

Add me to the list of people who would love this.

Kittycatfish
Me too!
daGrevis

+1

cahamilton

+1. Massive blocker for me using the PS4 Spotify app currently.

johnny32
I support this too!
daGrevis

Implementing this shouldn't be that hard. I am a programmer myself and, in my opinion, it can be done in few days.

All that's needed is:

1. A simple way to authenticate user against Last.fm,

2. Code that does a scrobble request to Last.fm API when a song has been played for more than 30 seconds;

I hope they will increase the priority of this issue seeing that so many people really miss out the particular feature!

Edit:

To be precise, Last.fm docs says that a scrobble is only a scrobble when:

> And the track has been played for at least half its duration, or for 4 minutes (whichever occurs earlier.)

mouraq

This definitely should feature in the upcoming updates for the PS app! One thing they could do that would make things a lot easier is to link a Spotify and a Last.fm account through the account settings web page, for example. That way no matter which platform you use the scrobble would be made!

heinferk

I support this idea. Add it please!

Jakolcz

Add this functionality please.

+1!!

Music addicts need last.fm scroobling!!!