Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Please Add Spotify Radio Function to Sonos

I love to use the spotify radio feature on my computer, but I enjoy using my sonos system as well, which doesn't currently have that function. 

I have been reading adding spotify radio is something being discussed currently, so please allow Sonos to add Spotify radio to their system.  I am happy to pay for the premium spotify account as I already am to enable this feature, I just want to have it integrated into the sonos system, so I can actually fully enjoy both spotify and sonos.

Updated: 2015-10-14

We’re thrilled to finally announce that per your request Radio is coming to Sonos. Start a new station from the song that’s Now Playing. Or from a search of your favourite artists with the Start Artist Radio option. Enjoy!

sonos gif.gif

Comments
Jamesfgi

I have cancelled my spotify premium because of this, it sounds like people are saying the google service may allow this with Sonos, so I will try that next.

ablegrape

I'll be cancelling my Spotify premium before the trial is up if this is not supported on Sonos. I only listen to music through my Sonos and I mainly wanted the radio feature.

Spotify, are you listening?

nicka74756

come on Spotify - why cant you and Sonos play nice together - its a mutually beneficial relationship you need to work at.  Sonos sell more players and you sell more premium subscriptions.  Failure to do so means we all lose out.  Either publish a 'Radio' API or integrate Sonos directly into your app (same like Connect)

skip4fingers

I'm annoyed, i would have NEVER bought my Sonos equipment if i knew i couldnt play Spotify Radio.... 

OpusRedX

Hate to say this but I guess I'm going to cancel my Spotify permium account and switch to Google All Access since it allows me to access everything (I'm Feeling lucky radio, My Library, Playlist, Radio (amazing), and Explore.)  Also love the fact that when I'm using my Sonos to play a Google All Access Music radio station I can pick thumbs up/down on songs to improve the station and the songs end up in my "Thumbs Up" list so I can create special playlist.  Now if Sonos would allow access to more then one account on Google All Access so my daughter can play her own music on her Sonos speakers it would be perfect!  BTW I also think Google All Access sounds way better on Sonos then Spotify.

stardak

For the record I have also cancelled my subscriptoin and moved to google due to this missing radio feature.

I'd urge anyone who has done the same to post here so Spotify can see how much revenue they are missing out on for not introducing this feature.

Bye Spotify, it was nice while it lasted.

rakchopr

I couldn't agree more. I just subscribed to spotify premimum to use it with my sonos system and the entire experience is limited. Radio seems like a key feature which needs to be added. Without this I can't see paying money for the premium service just to get it on my sonos with such limited functionality. 

I would also like to see the ability to control the sonos system from the spotify application itself (like google play added).

davidcuesta
Totally agree. I bought sonos because I knew it was compatible with spotify. The best thing about spotify is the radio feature. When I found that I could not use the radio on sonos I was very disappointed. I should have just bought an airplay setup instead. But now I am stuck with the sonos. And well I really like some sonos features. So I am forced to rely on deezer which lets be Honest is not as good as spotify. Unless you make spotify radio available for sonos your loosing out on customers. Also amazing thing about spotify is related artists and recommended page. This should also be available through sonos.
Patdesk

Please, when is Spotify radio coming to Sonos.. If not soon it will be bye bye Spotify I am afraid.. 

iel

Check Spotify Twitter account response here :

https://twitter.com/SpotifyCares/status/499670519911026690

"Hey Ludovic! We don't have any new info right now I'm afraid, but we'll remind our developers it's a popular request! /A"

Any Spotify developer/official here ?