Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Podcast][Mobile] Mark Podcasts as Played

Right now on mobile devices, once you're done listening to a podcast, nothing happens. There's no signal that you've already listened to it or anyway to mark it as listened to except for clicking on it and dragging the time bar to the end of the episode. On the computer interface there's a little blue bar that shows you if you've listened to it or how far into it you are, but there's also no way to easily signify if you've already listened to the episode. There should be some way, whether its a blue wheel or another visual form that shows people if they've listened to a episode or not, and there should also be a way to click the control for an episode and mark it as already listened to.

Updated on 2019-05-23

Hey folks!

This has now been implemented. You can find the 'Mark as Played' button by clicking the three dot menu next to Podcast episodes on Mobile. 

Screenshot_20190523-102837__01.jpg

You can also check out how much of a show you've listened by checking out the green progress bar and time indicator. It'll say 'Played' once a Podcast is complete. 

Screenshot_20190523-104146_2.jpg

Comments
zautnerc

Bump - almost 1000 votes and it's almost 2 years old.

da644

How is this not a feature? Every other podcast player I've ever used has this feature and is pretty basic and fundamental to the use of a podcast player. Also, how after two years and tons of votes and comments has it not been added? Either commit to supporting podcast properly or just remove them altogether. This half-hearted implementation is just frustrating users.

Shandsmassey
We need this to be a thing. I HATE having a list hundreds long that I can't do anything about except painstakingly go episode by episode and HOPE that moving the slider to the end makes it go away without moving it to the top of my Continue Listening list.
DrDash

I pay for Spotify, but have to use another app for Podcasts.  That is not how this should work.  It has been requested long enough that we should see some movement toward this.

TomLegend
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2019-05-23

Hey folks!

This has now been implemented. You can find the 'Mark as Played' button by clicking the three dot menu next to Podcast episodes on Mobile. 

Screenshot_20190523-102837__01.jpg

You can also check out how much of a show you've listened by checking out the green progress bar and time indicator. It'll say 'Played' once a Podcast is complete. 

Screenshot_20190523-104146_2.jpg

da644
This is a good halfway step, now if we can get on desktop and have the
option against the podcast itself as well to "Mark All Episodes as Played"
that would be perfect.
da644

I just noticed the status has changed to "implemented", which isn't really true, it is only implemented on mobile and the all episodes option is missing, so 1/3 implemented really.

alaskalute

Awesome, good first step! Recommended next steps would be a batch process for marking played episodes and a "mark all played" feature. Thanks for continuing to improve!

c4sh43

This is not implemented on mac/win version, why? We also need the mark as read for a group of episodes, or at least for a podcast. It's impossible to mark as read every single episode from a podcast that's been up since 2012, but I still want to have the latest published episodes as unplayed to follow new content.

hahank
I also don't see this in the Android version...