Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Podcast][Mobile] Mark Podcasts as Played

Right now on mobile devices, once you're done listening to a podcast, nothing happens. There's no signal that you've already listened to it or anyway to mark it as listened to except for clicking on it and dragging the time bar to the end of the episode. On the computer interface there's a little blue bar that shows you if you've listened to it or how far into it you are, but there's also no way to easily signify if you've already listened to the episode. There should be some way, whether its a blue wheel or another visual form that shows people if they've listened to a episode or not, and there should also be a way to click the control for an episode and mark it as already listened to.

Updated on 2019-05-23

Hey folks!

This has now been implemented. You can find the 'Mark as Played' button by clicking the three dot menu next to Podcast episodes on Mobile. 

Screenshot_20190523-102837__01.jpg

You can also check out how much of a show you've listened by checking out the green progress bar and time indicator. It'll say 'Played' once a Podcast is complete. 

Screenshot_20190523-104146_2.jpg

Comments
darkmaffia

I can confirm that mark as played is now added to Spotify 8.4.98.892. After years of waiting. You can only mark one at a time. No bulk options or mark all as played. Screenshot_20190408-202202_Spotify.jpg

cskram

Wow, curious why Spotify does not message this thread letting us know that they have heard us and will be making an update?  Then when they ship the update let us know it is live??

I would think Customer is King???  I feel like a subject...

At least we have a way to make as played!!!

Bittencourt

It would definitely make things clearer when choosing the episodes.

Bergan

Still not an option on iOS (version 8.5.0.833) to mark as played.

alaskalute

I hope this is coming up soon. I'm a pretty avid podcast listener and am interested in using Spotify for that, but without basic features like being able to mark a podcast as played, I'm not ready to make the effort to move. 

hahank
Just saying... It's still not easy to mark a podcast as played from any
queue.

Apple Music Overtakes Spotify in Paid U.S. Subscribers
https://www.wsj.com/articles/apple-music-overtakes-spotify-in-u-s-subscribers-11554475924
angiepin

How is this not a thing yet??

kesm

Any news for an implementation in desktop app?

Shandsmassey

Have there been any updates or changes in this? It is really annoying to have all of these podcasts in my continue listening section that I have finished but it isn't picking it up. I have run them to the last minute or so of the podcast and let them play out but they just go to the top of the list. 

gryder

Yup this is a big one. I mostly have just been using the iOS Podcast app recently for podcasts, ever since my old favorite Instacast retired. The thing is that the iOS Podcast app is terrible for listening to the backlog of a long running podcast, they should a limited selection of episodes unless you really dig in.

So I started using the Spotify Desktop and iOS apps to listen to a show and the syncing is working great but since I head already listened to a bunch of episodes I had to manually go through each of them and set the playhead to the end to avoid them coming up next in the auto-play.

It would be much nicer just to be able to quickly mark an episode as played like you can in many other podcast apps.