Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Podcast][Mobile] Mark Podcasts as Played

Right now on mobile devices, once you're done listening to a podcast, nothing happens. There's no signal that you've already listened to it or anyway to mark it as listened to except for clicking on it and dragging the time bar to the end of the episode. On the computer interface there's a little blue bar that shows you if you've listened to it or how far into it you are, but there's also no way to easily signify if you've already listened to the episode. There should be some way, whether its a blue wheel or another visual form that shows people if they've listened to a episode or not, and there should also be a way to click the control for an episode and mark it as already listened to.

Updated on 2019-05-23

Hey folks!

This has now been implemented. You can find the 'Mark as Played' button by clicking the three dot menu next to Podcast episodes on Mobile. 

Screenshot_20190523-102837__01.jpg

You can also check out how much of a show you've listened by checking out the green progress bar and time indicator. It'll say 'Played' once a Podcast is complete. 

Screenshot_20190523-104146_2.jpg

Comments
Ruben1

Please implement also and UNPLAYED option, if you accidentially marked the wrong epidode as played or if the episode was playing on your phone without you realising. Because now I have an episode marked as playey wich I did not listen too and I want to undo but I can't.

lcshmn

It's actually really bad and inconsistent "implemented" right now. I often switch between my mobile device and the web/desktop player and while podcasts heared with the app now get marked as played or correctly show the progress, all others don't. What a perfect mess.. It's really frustrading to use Spotify as your main podcast player this way.

monica32

hi can anyone tell me why there is problems downloading podcasts? I have wifi that is definitely working i have left the app open and it has no problem downloading songs, but i am still struggling to download episode on a podcast for three days and have been in wif the entire day.

TaylorNB

Are there any plans to update the desktop aplication to also have the "Mark as played" feature for podcasts?

tsights
Being able to mark podcasts as played in the desktop version would be
great.
cire2709

Really, do we need to tell you step by step? If you add a "mark as played" button, why the **bleep** is there not an option to mark as unplayed? SMH

Oursique

I'm switching from another podcast app, and there's no way to mark a whole podcast as read. Even episode by episode, there's no option. I mean the desktop app here, I listen to podcasts while working.

Oursique

On the mobile app, a right swipe to mark an episode as already listened (or if we don't want to listen to it) would be cool. I filter to see only the unlistened ones, and then they would just disappear from my sight. Then a left swipe to cancel that listened flag?

hahank
I just got the update as of yesterday on the Android - they finally
implemented a check mark type of feature and I'm pretty happy with it
evansknowles

I'm glad Spotify put this as an option on the mobile apps. Are there plans to do this on the desktop app as well? I listen to tons of podcasts while I work and the lack of this feature on desktop is one of my last two hold outs on switching over to Spotify for podcasts (the other hold out being the ability to listen offline on Apple Watch). I'd love to switch over one day, if the features are added!