Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Podcast][Mobile] Mark Podcasts as Played

Right now on mobile devices, once you're done listening to a podcast, nothing happens. There's no signal that you've already listened to it or anyway to mark it as listened to except for clicking on it and dragging the time bar to the end of the episode. On the computer interface there's a little blue bar that shows you if you've listened to it or how far into it you are, but there's also no way to easily signify if you've already listened to the episode. There should be some way, whether its a blue wheel or another visual form that shows people if they've listened to a episode or not, and there should also be a way to click the control for an episode and mark it as already listened to.

Updated on 2019-05-23

Hey folks!

This has now been implemented. You can find the 'Mark as Played' button by clicking the three dot menu next to Podcast episodes on Mobile. 

Screenshot_20190523-102837__01.jpg

You can also check out how much of a show you've listened by checking out the green progress bar and time indicator. It'll say 'Played' once a Podcast is complete. 

Screenshot_20190523-104146_2.jpg

Comments
tinyjams

It's never worked for me on desktop. I've also noticed podcasts don't automatically scan for new episodes, I have to close the app and re-open daily.

Seems Spotify really doesn't care about us desktop users whatsoever. This entire forum has been created to give us a false sense of hope that our ideas are being listened to. Honestly pointless to post here. 

sa124

I agree @tinyjams - it would be interesting (if the community managers read anything on here) to see the split between mobile/desktop users - it feels the desktop app has been left to fester with no thoughts for the customer experience. 

kometkamerat

When will we get this on desktop?

westerp2

Hi
This is nice, but I have postcasts I've been listening to for years with a different player. How do I mark all unplayed episodes as played without having to use several hours marking each one as played?

sgwealti

Why would you implement this only on mobile???

mbawkher

agreed 100% this feature should be available on both mobile and desktop. 

gsbryant

Where is "Mark All As Played"?

Voro

It would be great to have this option for paid podcasts also. I want to remove episode from new episodes list even if i dont want to pay for it and therefore not listen to it.

Carighan

> Where is "Mark All As Played"?

This exists now, sadly and confusingly only in the mobile app. Hit the ⚙️, then there's a "Mark as played" option and you can either just select all, or even manually unselect or select some episodes.

It's kinda cool, but eh, only on mobile for some reason.