Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Podcasts] Adjust Audio Speed of Podcasts (1.5x or 2x)

I have just discovered podcasts in the Spotify mobile app and as an avid podast fan I'm delighted to finally see this feature!

I would love to be able to alter the speed of a podcast, to play at 1.5X or 2X the default speed as per the default apple podcast app I currently use.

As many podcasts I listen to are very long (up to 2 hours), until such time as the playback speed can be altered I will use the apple podcast app to listen to podcasts.

Updated on 2019-07-04

Hey folks! 

Thanks for adding your vote to this idea. 

Podcast speed controls should now be available across all devices. You can play at speeds of 0.5x, 0.8x, 1x, 1.5x, 2x and 3x. 

The desktop controls can be found in the bottom right corner and the controls on mobile can be found to the right of the play button, when you're playing a podcast. 

Thanks!

Comments
mbetts7

Same here, can't use spotify for my podcasts until it has increased playback speed options.

tdj-br

+1

The ability to play audio below to 1x speed is also good for listening podcasts that are not in our native language.

naughtly

I would like to consolidate apps so I can use spodify for both music and podcasts. The only thing preventing this move is the lack of this playback speed adjustment function on spodify. Please remidy. 

naughtly

I would like to consolidate apps so I can use spodify for both music and podcasts. The only thing preventing this move is the lack of this playback speed adjustment function on spodify. Please remidy. 

Dujras

I do this all the time with the default app! I wouldn't listen to most of my podcasts at normal 1x speed.

naughtly

Default app = Apple's "podcast" app?

redpedro

could not agree more - a podcast app without the ability to listen at 1.5x 2x or even faster (2.5x or 3x using overcast) is pretty much useless

Snooper

must have!

smithjd1

+1

Mdonnell40

Without this feature I will just keep using podcast app separately