Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Podcasts] Adjust Audio Speed of Podcasts (1.5x or 2x)

I have just discovered podcasts in the Spotify mobile app and as an avid podast fan I'm delighted to finally see this feature!

I would love to be able to alter the speed of a podcast, to play at 1.5X or 2X the default speed as per the default apple podcast app I currently use.

As many podcasts I listen to are very long (up to 2 hours), until such time as the playback speed can be altered I will use the apple podcast app to listen to podcasts.

Updated on 2019-07-04

Hey folks! 

Thanks for adding your vote to this idea. 

Podcast speed controls should now be available across all devices. You can play at speeds of 0.5x, 0.8x, 1x, 1.5x, 2x and 3x. 

The desktop controls can be found in the bottom right corner and the controls on mobile can be found to the right of the play button, when you're playing a podcast. 

Thanks!

Comments
gardner195

This is great but I'd love a 1.1 x speed feature, sometimes 1.2x speed is too fast

why_spotify

Aaaaannnnnd the feature is gone. Cool. Wish the feature was there - no reason to get rid of it. It's a scientific fact that the brain processes text faster than the mouth can speak it, which is part of the reason people get bored in lectures.

pierre_swe
I've still got the feature on my old Android phone. Spotify version:

It's also still there on my desktop with Windows 10 Spotify,
version 1.1.48.625.g1c87c7f7.
rgrindley

Now we just need to get this as a Setting, or Default Podcast Playback Speed. 

Maifleur

These controls are missing from the Web Player, and I'm pretty sure they were there before. Was there a recent change to this?

I'd also love to have these controls supported when using a smart home device, like a Google Home.

fraktalisman

Where are the speed controls in the desktop app for Linux?

sev7n7

And it's gone, again.  Seriously guys, what gives?!

allugan

Nice! This feature is great but not available for standard music/songs.. Hope it will be added soon!

IgalK

Please add this also for Spotify on Garmin.

Thanks a lot!

🙂

LeinieGuy

I'd like to call out the recent change in the podcast speed control. You had recently upgraded the control, where instead of the preset speeds (0.5x, 0.8x, 1x, 1.5x, 2x and 3x), you implemented a sliding dial that allowed us precise speeds in .1 increments. This was a great feature, as sometimes 1.3 or 1.4 is better than having to choose between the stock 1.2 or 1.5.

However, the recent update took this precision control away and reverted back to the stock choices. WHY? The upgrade was excellent. Please put it back.