Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Podcasts] Mark all/multiple podcasts played

Add the ability to mark all prior podcasts played. Recently joined spotify and would like to consolidate my apps. If I subscribe to a podcast with hundreds of episodes I would like to be able to pick the last one I heard on my current player and mark it AND all prior played. Currently the only way to do this is by manually marking each episode.

Updated on 2022-07-12

Hi everyone,

Even though this idea was previously marked as "Not Right Now", we're happy to announce that your feedback has helped us improve the app and this suggestion has now been implemented for the mobile app.

If you want to see this feature implemented for the desktop app aswell, you can vote on this idea.

Thank you for participating in our ideas exchange here on the Community and playing a big role in making Spotify better for everyone!

Comments
Mgray141

Still no solutions for this? Joe Rogan has 1479 eposides! Not a chance I'm marking each one as played. Go on Spotify...justify the money we are paying for this platform! 

pjsimon11

Really disappointed this wasn't a feature from the beginning. Every podcast app I've ever used already had it built in. It's essential. I guess I'll continue to use my other app for now. Better get it sorted out before JRE becomes an exclusive or there is going to be a lot of... enthusiastic... people complaining. Hopefully Spotify doesn't make its wait that long though. 

Jdr227

I tried to us this app when LPOTL came over in February but it was missing a lot of simple features other podcast apps have built-in.  I thought with Rogan coming over I give it another try and it still sucks, but the nail in the coffin for me is the lack of marking all my podcast as read, in bulk.  I like a clean interface so I can just see the new ones.  I'll try again at the end of the summer.  It kind of annoying that we are going to be force to use this app if more podcasts head this way. 

Melody
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2020-06-09

Hey,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks!

notnixon

Chris using Spotify as a podcast player has been marked as: NOT RIGHT NOW

We appreciate you wanting his custom, but if you don't have plans to improve the interface for your customers, he can't make that commitment yet. 😉

IarwainLi

I guess podcast is not really what is "bringing the dough". So it is not a prioritized improvement for them, from a business prespective.

I recently switched from having a dedicated podcast app together with Google Music, to a paid Spotify. I will revisit that decision, but I still guess that it does not really have any impact in the large scheme of things, unfortunately...

notnixon

From what I read, podcasts make much more money for Spotify than music because the costs are a lot lower. Music is currently a loss making (or possibly JUST breaking even) part of the business, while people playing podcasts brings in money both from advertising AND subscriptions. That’s why they have been pushing hard in the podcast market over the past few years.

pedroyoyoma

This seems wild to me. Basic UI functionality isn't something they are interested in implementing right now? It's not like we're asking for a custom solution for a wildly specific use-case. This is basic podcast player UI stuff. I was waiting for this to be resolved to see if I would keep Spotify or my current YouTube music subscription. Looks like I need to stay with my current podcast player and give another long look at YTM.

Mirksar

It's absurd seeing how such a basic podcast functionality is not in the product roadmap. It's clear that the Spotify dev team has never used a podcast client before. 

ibigpapa

Due to horrible podcast support i'm considering canceling Spotify premium.