Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Possibility to add friends without Facebook Accounts (Spotify ID)

Hi! I just stumbled across a problem; I have friends who don't have facebook / don't use facebook / who hate facebook.

I tried searching a way to add them as friends so I could send them songs and see their playlists etc, but I was unable to find a solution... 

Suggestion:

- To be able to add friends using their Spotify login ID

- To be able to see their actions in Spotify Social (what they are listening to)

2015-01-08

Hey everyone! You can now find your friends by searching for either their Spotify username or their full name (if their Spotify account is linked to their Facebook).

Thanks for kudos and comments on this idea. We'd love to keep getting your feedback around this feature! 

Comments
jasonlawlor

How about a feature where we can merge or invite the followers of our personal Spotify page to also follow our Artist Spotify page? Possbily even inviting people who have saved one of my tracks to their library or playlists? I have 200k+ plays on my top single and only 97 followers, I'd love to see my following rise along with the plays! I haven't found a streamlined/user friendly way of inviting people to like my Artist Page. Any ideas? Thanks! 

osornios

Hey @jasonlawlor

Good idea! You should post it in the Idea Submissions forum and it may be considered for future versions of the app.

Just be sure to check out if the idea is already there. If it's not, submit it after reading the idea submission guidelines. 🙂

Leuch

Sans titre-1.jpgHi,

i'm searching a way to add a friend without facebook account
i found him but I can't add him as a friend.

i can only subcribe to his profil
but I'd like to add him as friend on the right panel

thanx

CKS49

@Leuch

Check this post out by @osornios
@osornios wrote:

Hey @wazmurray

You can still have friends without Facebook, if you ask them their usernames.

To find out your username you need to go to your webplayer profile.

Right click your name, and you'll see the option 'Copy Spotify URL'.

Click it it and paste the results somewhere. You'll get something like this:

https://play.spotify.com/user/xXxXXxxX

That set of characters at the end is your username, which can be shared. Tell your friend to do the same and exchange usernames.

Just type this in the search bar of your Spotify app:

spotify:user:username

Change 'username' with the actual username of the user you want to follow.

His profile will appear, and you will be able to follow him.

Hope it helps. 🙂

Leuch

hi,

i have already made this.

the screen i have posted is the friend i'd like to add

but i can only follow him or share

and not add him as friend in the panel on the right side...

osornios

Hey @Leuch

It seems you both are following yourselves, so you're set in that regard. Tell him to check his settings, which may prevent him from sharing what he listens to his followers.

Hope it helps. 🙂

Leuch

we don't want to prevent from sharing what we listen,

we want to share !! listen to what the other is listening at the same moment

for that we must be friends. but I think it's only possible with facebook friends...

IvanValarezo

Como puedosaber mi id

LeinieGuy

@Leuch:  Go into your settings and check out the "Social" section to see which features you have turned on for sharing. You get more controls on the desktop/laptop version of the Spotify app, and I highly recommend that everyone get that Spotify app in addition to the mobile app.  If you have mobile only, you are limited in what you can do with settings, playlists, organization, etc.

@IvanValarezo:  Your ID can easily be found a couple ways. If you're on the desktop/laptop Spotify app, your username should appear at the top next to your avatar/logo/picture.  If you're on the mobile (I'm on iOS, so I don't know if it's the same for Android), click on "Your Library" on the bottom right; then in the upper left you should see your avatar -- click on it; you should then see your ID page with your username, number of playlists, number of followers, and number of people you're following.  Or you can go into your settings on the mobile app and click on "Account" to get the info.

adria68

hey, i've been trying from diferent friends acounts on tablets and pc's to search my spotify acount and more then 50% of the times i can't find me.

My acount is made with facebook, so what i do is the next:

1- enter my name as facebook acount on search bar with capital leters and accents, exacly like it is on my facebook acount.

2- some times i see my profile and i can enter, sometimes can't. Usually it's happeing when the acount i'm trying to search from is not set up with facebook.

As i readed before it shoud work just righting my name on search bar, but it doesent work.

need some help please 😄