Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Possibility to add friends without Facebook Accounts (Spotify ID)

Hi! I just stumbled across a problem; I have friends who don't have facebook / don't use facebook / who hate facebook.

I tried searching a way to add them as friends so I could send them songs and see their playlists etc, but I was unable to find a solution... 

Suggestion:

- To be able to add friends using their Spotify login ID

- To be able to see their actions in Spotify Social (what they are listening to)

2015-01-08

Hey everyone! You can now find your friends by searching for either their Spotify username or their full name (if their Spotify account is linked to their Facebook).

Thanks for kudos and comments on this idea. We'd love to keep getting your feedback around this feature! 

Comments
tlipuma

When I go to find friends it will only let me do it if I have facebook. I DO NOT HAVE NORE WILL I EVER HAVE A FACEBOOK ACCOUNT!

How do I share music with REAL friends

MadmanOnWheels

Kudos, srh247. I didn't see the button, for it, in your comment box.

I can't send anything, to other Spotify users, either. When I go, to "Send To", then "Select Recipient", I can type the username and message, but it doesn't do anything, when I hit send. Spotify users should be able, to use a Spotify feature. If, this feature has anything, to do, with Fakebook, then it's wrong. Spotify users should not be excluded and especially, while Facebook users get, to use it.

shawzy88

Hi Spotify Peeps - I've been trying to get my head around adding a user from my home page (Screen shot 1 - top right corner). When I click the top right corner to add friends nothing shows up, nothing from facebook or anywhere else (screen shot 2).

I've found it nearly impossible to search for friends because of this. Can anyone shed some light on why I can't see anyone in this view?

IMG_5560.PNGIMG_5561.PNG

shawzy88

I should also note that nobody can find me either and I use facbook to login.

I'm getting annoyed after 6 years I can't even get Facebook friends to show up nor can I find anyone i want or send non face bookers a song to meet them.. Fix it now and I want kudos rights!! Scott.tomlinson2@gmail.com Scottietrx on facebook
moleman4000

Spotify's social features are maddening.  I have friends and I have followers and people I follow.  I am trying to share a playlist with my son, who is relatively new on Spotify.  I'm following him, he's following me.  When I try to share a playlist with him I use the "Share" feature then click on "Sent to" the attempt to enter his username.  "Sorry no results were found" is the response.  Fine, i guess we're not "Friends" and have no idea how to make him a "Friend".  (Is Friends just a legacy thing and how exactly does it differ from followers/following?).  (my account is not connected to Facebook btw)

So, then I tried to share with people whose names are currently listed under "more friends" on the right side. Half of them don't show up either.  People who are following me but I'm not following them I can share with...some of them.  

I'm not sure if it's Spotify's plan to make it as hard as possible to share content and be "Friends" but it's seemed that way since the first day I started using it.  ALthough it seemingly has become more difficult to navigate the social features since then.  If Spotfiy would like to actually encourage sharing and connections maybe spending a little money on an outside Human Factors Engineer or anyone who is an expert in UI design would be money well spent.  They could even read these posts and see all the people who have problems with Friends and Sharing.  

alessiococco197
Hi I can't seem to connect spotfy to facebook everytime I try crashes how can I do?
osornios

@alessiococco197 have you tried on a different system to see if you can do it there?

TH3_G3N3R4L

I dont see why they just can't let us add spotify users as friends. This would just make things so much easier.

saved

Somebody on another thread said that I was wrong in thinking I can't have friends without Facebook, so I thought that to be fair to Spotify I should at least try it.

I tried it. I give up. The whole thing is absolutely ridiculous and clearly focused purely on getting everyone to sign up for FB.

Well, this user refuses to be suckered into it.

I would be slightly less disgusted if we were at least able to give Kudos here. If we are being unreasonable in thinking this is all underhanded manipulation, then why not let us at least vote?

I don't consider myself to be a conspiracy theorist, but this kind of behaviour is turning me into one.