Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Radio] Modifiable Thumbs up/down

1) Change Thumbs up to Thumbs Down

2) Change Thumbs down to Thumbs up

3) Remove thumbs up

4) Remove thumbs down

5) See a list of your thumbs up for a playlist

All of these should exist, if not in the app at least on the website.

Updated on 2019-05-23

Hey folks, 

It seems like this idea has evolved into a lot of different threads over the years. Quite a lot of the features requested do exist, so I'm going to mark this as implemented - but if you feel like your specific idea isn't there please feel free to make a new idea

As a heads up, Thumbs up/down has been replaced by the Heart/Remove symbol across all platforms. Let's address some of the main ideas that have been implemented:

• It is now possible to undo Heart or Dislike actions in your Daily Mixes, Discover Weekly and Release Radar. If you Heart a song, simply tap the Heart again to get rid of it.
  • When tapping the Dislike button, you'll get a choice of 'Don't play this song' or 'Don't play this Artist'. Tapping either will prompt an Undo option at the bottom of the screen for if you hit it by mistake, or your cat walked over your screen (@dredel)

Screenshot_20190523-115834_2.jpg

• Tapping Heart will save that song to Your Library, so you can head there to check out all the songs you've liked. This will also include Songs and Albums you've saved in other areas of the app. I couldn't find an idea for a playlist specifically of just liked songs (without the rest of the library) so it would be a good suggestion for a new idea.

I hope this clears some things up.

Comments
MikeDevenney

I've been a Windows turned web developer for the past 20-some years.  I've also been on this thread since it's early days.  As a developer, I can understand when a piece of software is designed in such a way that making what seem to be relatively easy functionality changes to the casual observer are actually like trying to push Mt. Everest down by a few feet by jumping on the top of it.  If that's the case with this change someone with some inside knowledge/understanding from Spotify should just say that.  I mean, if you put something on a list, you can take it off.  If you take something off a list, you can put it back on.  If you flip a bit, you can flip it back.  These are some standard ways we do things in the development world.  If Spotify uses some obscure method for marking songs as "disliked" that I'm not thinking of, it would be nice to hear that from someone at Spotify.  If reversing the "disliked" status would somehow mess up the metrics used when picking songs, it would be nice to hear that.  Anything other than the deflection that I've read over the years (by the way, I'd be fired for dragging my feet for this long on a feature that so many users wanted... jsut sayin...).  Come on guys, some users are here for free, some pay for individual accounts and some, like me, pay $15/month for a family account.  The software is great, the service is great, but this is a crucial feature in a music player...  

fredphoesh

Sorry, but this is not a full answer. The DISLIKE button is only there in certain limited circumstances. When I play a "made for me" playlist, there is a dislike button, but when I listen to a "playlist for daily music inspiration", there is no dislike button, nor is there any way to not like this in the three dot menu. So my "playlist for daily music inspiration" continue to be rubbish pop music I would not like to listen to. How is that inspriring!?

Please add the "no entry" dislike button EVERYWHERE PLEASE!!!!

ArykDriver

I keep getting linked to this thread when seeking a "Viewable Dislike list" or even a viewable played song history.

I accidentally disliked a song using the Stations app, and now I have no way to find it.

Any ideas?

momentumspace
This has been an issue for seven years, now. Support has, on multiple occasions, claimed to have fixed it, but they have not. Honestly, I doubt if they’ll ever solve this. I know this doesn’t help you at all, but that’s where it stands.
Rene01

Hi @momentumspace,

I think your right that your post would not change anything 😀

So i propose you create a new idea. The thing is that indeed a lot has changed, there are no thumbs up or down anymore, so it's better to create a new idea based on the current system.

Keep in mind that it's better to create multiple small ideas instead of one idea with multiple features. Small ideas are easier to handle. 

Thanks,

René

sonoflife

Peace out Spotify, I'm going to Amazon Music. Not because I want to, but because you forced my hand. gg.

tajcovek

Looks like this has been removed from daily mix and radio, it should be added back. thinking about going back to pandora because the spotify algorithm for personalized music is so awful.

c_lawlz

Yep, this is gone from Daily Mixes.  

hippiegab02

I've been listening to Spotify radio for about 5 hours today and have been really loving it and "thumbs up"ing a lot of songs.  I went to go look at them today in "liked songs" and none of them are there?!  I really am quite choked about this and need help resolving the error.  did I do something wrong?  

fredphoesh
Yes, this tread is about the like/dislike missing from many parts of the
interface.
I suggest that you find or create a thread that is for support. This thread
is purely for the missing feature.
Good luck...