Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Release Radar] Thumbs up/down on Release Radar

Release Radar is a great feature that give us a weekly selection of the newest releases that matter most to us. But generally some of the songs aren't what we expect.

My suggestion is that we can give thumbs up/down to them, just like we do to the radio playlists.

Updated on 2018-11-11

Hey folks, 

We're happy to inform that the Like/Dislike feature is already implemented for your Release Radars. Just make sure you have your apps up-to-date

You can find more info about Release Radar here 🙂

Comments
tbddddd

I am for any idea that helps improve the “picks just for you” that prevent this from being one of my favorite features on spotify. Yes i know calvin harris made yet another meh remix of a meh song. 

dashrip87

Major Thumbs Down. 

Release Radar is terrible. Not only does it come in on Playlists--which used to be free of outside recommended songs--but it plays songs that aren't even related to the ones I'm listening to. An example, listening to classic rock and it brings up some contemporary rap; so annoying.

vooyasheck

I agree, but most of all it should really pick up the latest releases from the artists that I'm observing, shouldn't it? Well, it doesn't. For example it recently didn't pick up Dir En Grey latest release, I just discovered it by accident today. But there are some releases that appear on my playlist few weeks in a row - how come this happens? The single mentioned also didn't appear in my e-mail notification about new albums released. As soon as you fix this problem I don't think any "thumbs up" or "thumbs down" would be needed. At least I wouldn't need it.

paulduthoit

+1000 Please release this feature Spotify!!!

carolamrt

For me, Release Radar is usually spot on.  I am very grateful.  But every week they toss in a song that features "niggas, **bleep**, **bleep**" and I have to rush to skip them.  I can't imagine spotify getting everything else so right and yet handing this 73 year old white female one of these every week.  Really I can't imagine anyone wanting to listen to it.  And I believe these thugs get money every time it is played.  So I would like a way to dump these.  What I have learned to do is create my own release radar list and dump all the titles into it and then delete the one that is offensive.  But I think spotify should be more aware of what they are putting into these lists.

gwar9999

Plus it would be nice to opt-out of getting remixes.  I can't recall ever liking any of them.  Not to mention new music being associated with other bands of the same name.  Perhaps with the many thumbs-down votes Spotify would eventually learn these things from my frequent use (hard to believe they haven't yet).

S0und

Thank you so much!

https://i.imgur.com/MfEylQ4.png

hans-jürgen

Finally Release Radar has the same Like/Dislike buttons for each track as Discover Weekly, at least in my desktop app version 1.0.85. If you click on Dislike, you can choose if you only dislike the track or the artist which is handy e.g. when they constantly suggest an artist with the same name as the one that you follow, but don't like.

Bittencourt

Well I guess that somehow they heard us 🙂

Now, where's my prize for the idea?? 😄

Jemi
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2018-11-11

Hey folks, 

We're happy to inform that the Like/Dislike feature is already implemented for your Release Radars. Just make sure you have your apps up-to-date

You can find more info about Release Radar here 🙂