Remove time limit for free users. completely.

I can understand Spotify want to encourage users to pay for subcriptions, but for those users who can't afford a paid service, the free service provides a great service that youtube isn't comparable to.

However, having a time limit for non paying accounts means more users are more likely to breach copyright to obtain music through alternative sources. 

I've in the past used internet services which have free and paid versions, but where they differ is that they still offer a BASIC level of unlimited service once subscription ends. They don't just stop working. Strange example, but I'm referring to Runescape. While it's an RPG and not comparable as a service, they instead work to offer EXTRA benefits for members while allowing poor people like me basic access for an indefiniate time period.

I really don't mind the adverts if that covers the cost of receiving the service, but please, just make sure they're not invasive, I have an anxiety disorder that's triggered by sudden noises. I want the 2009/2010? Era of spotify back. Where I could just listen without inteference.....

I look forward to hearing from you.

Previously we closed this idea but we're excited to go back on our word and announce that last month we've removed the 10 hour time limit on free Spotify accounts. If you're a Spotify free user, you can now enjoy unlimited listening with no time limits. You can also shuffle music for free on your mobile device. Thanks for the feedback and enjoy the music!
Comments
2259Ben
Regular

This may sound bitchy but it occured to me how inaccurate the new slogan is: "Music for ever" ....It really isn't if there is a limit on the amount of time you can listen for. Even the premium service only provides about 730 hours of music in a month (assuming you leave it playing 24 hours a day for that period). To have "Music for ever" one would need to have quite a large wallet....

Richard
Roadie
Status changed to: Case Closed
We'd love to be able to offer all the world's music to all our users without any limits. However this simply isn't possible as things stand but we'll keep doing what we can to remove all limits. We were recently able to remove the 5-play limit for songs in most countries. We'll keep at it! Case closed for now.
Rorey
Spotify Legend
Status changed to: Implemented
Previously we closed this idea but we're excited to go back on our word and announce that last month we've removed the 10 hour time limit on free Spotify accounts. If you're a Spotify free user, you can now enjoy unlimited listening with no time limits. You can also shuffle music for free on your mobile device. Thanks for the feedback and enjoy the music!