Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Samsung] Connect for Samsung TV

I'm so disappointed with the quality of the Spotify app for Samsung TV and Roku devices. Clunky doesn't even begin to describe it. Yet, with YouTube I can seamlessly stream any video from my Android phone to either device in seconds and by simply clicking a cast button in the upper right hand corner. I'd really appreciate it if Spotify would upgrade to include the same kind of connectivity with these devices. I simply can't understand why this feature does not already exist. Because it doesn't, I'm considering whether I should cancel my subscriptiona and find another service that does what I want.

Thanks.

Updated on 2018-10-05

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community!

We can confirm that we support Connect on Samsung Tizen TVs, so we'll update this Idea's status!

> Make sure your Samsung Smart TV (2015 and later models) and your Spotify device are on the same Wi-Fi network.

> Go to Samsung Apps on the TV's home screen.

> Search for Spotify - install and open!

For more info, check out: https://www.spotify.com/samsungtv/

Many thanks.

Comments
EleanorS100

Fed up that I can't listen to Spotify on my Samsung TV. Past of the reason I signed up to this was to be able to play music through my sound system. Very disappointing. 

Zcampeau87
Please Add to Samsung smart tv soon or I'll just use another app and cancel subscription.
gilcapote85
This please,asap.
Marjeltje

here i am  sitting with a surround system and a smart tv   and   i cant control my spotify decently 😞 the app sucks and has no connect.    Please give us connect

Pappppacita

At least Spotify Connect should be available. Can´t be that hard. 

job_rood

Is this a problem at the Spotify side or Samsung side? Because I really miss the connect and think I will stop premium if there will be no report of Spotify that it will be made available. 

dencaval

Spotify connect is a nice feature, why not for samsung TV?

sr_vrd

Please don't make me buy a Chrome Cast thingy for my already smart TV... 

Tomber

Sony Playstation 4 Spotify App have Connect Feature, Samsung Spotify APP haven't.. Why? 

thelax24

Yes we need to be able to use Connect with Samsung Smart TVs please