Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Samsung] Connect for Samsung TV

I'm so disappointed with the quality of the Spotify app for Samsung TV and Roku devices. Clunky doesn't even begin to describe it. Yet, with YouTube I can seamlessly stream any video from my Android phone to either device in seconds and by simply clicking a cast button in the upper right hand corner. I'd really appreciate it if Spotify would upgrade to include the same kind of connectivity with these devices. I simply can't understand why this feature does not already exist. Because it doesn't, I'm considering whether I should cancel my subscriptiona and find another service that does what I want.

Thanks.

Updated on 2018-10-05

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community!

We can confirm that we support Connect on Samsung Tizen TVs, so we'll update this Idea's status!

> Make sure your Samsung Smart TV (2015 and later models) and your Spotify device are on the same Wi-Fi network.

> Go to Samsung Apps on the TV's home screen.

> Search for Spotify - install and open!

For more info, check out: https://www.spotify.com/samsungtv/

Many thanks.

Comments
SirSkyline

1 year, 5 months, 600+ votes, 5 pages of comments. Not solved, no answers.

itsmeamp

OH MY GOODNESS!!! Someone feels like I do. I love Spotify so much so that I continued to preminum from the free version and then convinced my family to switch from Apple Music to Preminum family thru Spotify. I have been a preminum member for years. The one thing that erks my nerves is the fact the updates never apply to the Samsung TV app. I wish it was seemless like the android version. Why don't you make all application interfaces alike. I would like to see the daily mix and suggestions added as well as sharing from my phone to tv. PLEASE listen to the people and update the tv interface PUHLEASE and THank you!

Sk8fuze

Dear Spotify,

This is unacceptable. 

I think it's safe to say that Samsung are one of the most major TV brands out there. 

My TV has a great sound system and I cannot connect Spotify in my phone to the seemingly useless Spotify app on my Samsung TV.

I don't even know why the app is on my TV as it doesn't work.

I can connect to my PC, my laptop, various other bluetooth and wifi devices, but not to my both end Samsung TV!

And you at Spotify have labeled it 'Not right now'!!!!!

Seriously?

Get with it Spotify - you're one of the biggest music corporations on the planet, get your **bleep** together and fix this. 

I am using premium through my Samsung and the dongs keep stopping stating error 3. I am so frustrated. Right now I would not recommend this product.

PissedOffUser1

I can't believe in 2017 this is a missing thing on my Smart TV app! Please add this feature and fix that Smart TV app that still sucks a little bit, we are paying for this ffs, it's not a free stuff, thanks!

DeeWR

Love the spotify app but will have to change as not compatible with my Samsung tv for spotify connect.  Easier to change music provider than buy a new smat tv!

@BalernoGirl wrote:

I'm so disappointed with the quality of the Spotify app for Samsung TV and Roku devices. Clunky doesn't even begin to describe it. Yet, with YouTube I can seamlessly stream any video from my Android phone to either device in seconds and by simply clicking a cast button in the upper right hand corner. I'd really appreciate it if Spotify would upgrade to include the same kind of connectivity with these devices. I simply can't understand why this feature does not already exist. Because it doesn't, I'm considering whether I should cancel my subscriptiona and find another service that does what I want.

Thanks.

Tomtom1138

i share the same frustration that the samsung app is poor quality. I will consider buying a chromecast, but it seems excessive to spend £30 on this, when the app should be sufficient

EdwardMaster290

Good idea

I have chrome cast for my regular tv, but it seems pointless to bring its upstairs everytime we want to listen to Spotify upstairs because the Smart TV has YouTube and Tunein. Being able to listen on Spotify without chromecast would be convenient and lovely, but until then we use playlistbuddy to convert our Spotify playlists to YouTube playlists. 

Sandy17

Hi I have a Samsung Smart TV 48".  When I purchased this smart TV I had installed Spotify and was easily able to listen to my playlists on my Bose entertainment system through my TV as I like to hear my music whilst working on my laptop.  Now Spotify have removed their app for my Samsung TV and I'm really annoyed.  After viewing Spotify website I've now learnt that you have removed your app with Samsung 2015 models and other various brands.  Could you please advise how I can listen to my music through my smart TV and why it was removed in the first place!!!