Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Samsung] Connect for Samsung TV

I'm so disappointed with the quality of the Spotify app for Samsung TV and Roku devices. Clunky doesn't even begin to describe it. Yet, with YouTube I can seamlessly stream any video from my Android phone to either device in seconds and by simply clicking a cast button in the upper right hand corner. I'd really appreciate it if Spotify would upgrade to include the same kind of connectivity with these devices. I simply can't understand why this feature does not already exist. Because it doesn't, I'm considering whether I should cancel my subscriptiona and find another service that does what I want.

Thanks.

Updated on 2018-10-05

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community!

We can confirm that we support Connect on Samsung Tizen TVs, so we'll update this Idea's status!

> Make sure your Samsung Smart TV (2015 and later models) and your Spotify device are on the same Wi-Fi network.

> Go to Samsung Apps on the TV's home screen.

> Search for Spotify - install and open!

For more info, check out: https://www.spotify.com/samsungtv/

Many thanks.

Comments
Caz11

I'm in South Africa. Thanks for launching here. Like all things Africa I expected nothing less than teething problems. I downloaded the Spotify App on my Samsung Smart TV (2017 Model. ) tried to cast as per Spotify instruction. Nothing? The only thinh I'm staring at is the Spotify Logo on the screen.

Is this a temporary issue 

OldDogNewTricks

Any progress on this yet? The instructions don't work. I can't just play a song, click on devices and choose my recent model Samsung Smart TV from the list of choices on my Galaxy S8. Thank you.

Staff
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2018-10-05

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community!

We can confirm that we support Connect on Samsung Tizen TVs, so we'll update this Idea's status!

> Make sure your Samsung Smart TV (2015 and later models) and your Spotify device are on the same Wi-Fi network.

> Go to Samsung Apps on the TV's home screen.

> Search for Spotify - install and open!

For more info, check out: https://www.spotify.com/samsungtv/

Many thanks.