Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Save Albums

I'd like to be able to save full albums into their own library.

Ideally (similar to starring a single song) I could add an album to my "album collection". This would keep my playlists to a minimum and I can still have access to an entire album with one click.

I understand I can make a playlist for an entire album, but this playlist now shows up on my list of playlists, so If I ever want to listen to "my favorite slow jams" I'd have to search and scroll through all the album playlists i made, find the M's and then finally pick the my favorite slow jams playlist.

Having a seperate master library for albums, where each album would first show up as one item, until I expanded it to see the individual track listing would be great.

2014-04-25 Hey everyone! We’re excited to say this Idea status is now “Implemented”.

This month we introduced “Your Music”. Now you can save, organize and browse your favorite music. All in one place, across all platforms. For a glimpse of these changes and our new design click here.

Your Music is now available to users on desktop, web, Android and iOS.

Comments
FloppyKong

The issue that I have is that I want the albums I save to be separate from the songs I save. Those are two different ways I listen to music. Sometimes I want to go find an album I like and listen all the way through. Other times I want to go and listen to all of the individual songs that I have saves. Now, when I save an album, all of the songs go into the songs section which disrupts my song listening experience. The whole idea is that it would be varied when listening to songs, but then I hit an album and listen to the same album for an hour.

steven6562

I have had a stroke and my memory is not what it was before my stroke. I am sorry but you make it very hard for me to get an answer to a question i would like an answer to. All i want to know is why i canot put some albums by Triumph to my Albums or Playlist, when i can put some of them to my playlist.                                                      It is the same with albums by Rammstien. I can put Raw and uncut into my album list, but why is it i cannot put    Rammstien Aus Berlin into my albums or Playlist.                                                                                                        All i want is a simple answer to a simple question, nothing more. Thankyou Steven.

rockandrides

I have just logged into community. I see that my question is asked many times. Does someone respond with an answer?  Liking an Album puts all songs into Songs folder. That's dumb and not what I want. Solutions?

Drickes1

Same with me: 

would like to seperate liked album and songs. Why Deezer and Apple are that much easier to use on that?

Touelmeris
It is possible on the ios application. They simply have not done their
homework properly. Job not finished.
Fnk

Job not finished! Try deezer, much better overview over your music

holly42

This is a must-have in my opinion. I love spotify but being able to have favorite or newly-released albums just a click away similar to a physical record collection would really enhance the experience of using spotify. I find that the current implementation of this is not useful for this purpose yet. 

KarlMartell

The fact that saved albums fill up "saved song limit" is rather inconvenient. As an early music enthusiast, operas have too much "songs", and fill up the limit pretty quickly.

FloppyKong

Agreed. This is still not finished. I find myself constantly running Spotify from the search menu to listen to albums which forces me to remember every album/artist I might want to listen to. If I find something new that I like, I would need a separate method or app to record and reference those albums in the future.

Additionally, this 'implemented' feature has made the songs section of my music unusable as every album that I have saved is cluttering it up.

How do we mark this as unresolved??

bokes7

This is not fully implemented!  I want to keep my favorite songs separate from my favorite albums! When I click "save album" I do not want to save ALL the songs to my favorite song list. I just want to see my favorite albums all in one place, like looking through an old CD collection