[Search] Advanced Search within your own personal library

Just discovered the Advanced Search feature, which is great, but would love to be able to perform an Advanced Search within my own saved music or playlists.

For example, I could create a 90's or grunge playlist immediately with songs I know I already like by searching in my Liked Songs for music that was released between 1990 and 1999 or is in the genre, grunge.

This would be much easier than thinking about every band that I might like and hand picking songs from them.

Updated on 2020-04-02

Hey @headyg,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange!

You can totally do that already - all you need to do is switch on Offline Mode.

Now, when you use the advanced search criteria, it will only show up with results from music saved to Your Library.

Hope that helps - stay awesome!

0 Likes
Comments
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2020-04-02

Hey @headyg,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange!

You can totally do that already - all you need to do is switch on Offline Mode.

Now, when you use the advanced search criteria, it will only show up with results from music saved to Your Library.

Hope that helps - stay awesome!

Casual Listener

Looks like that only works on mobile. Bummer. I don't have but more than a dozen songs downloaded to my phone, so for this to work I'd have to download all of my Liked Songs, then search and add them one by one to whatever playlist I'm creating. I was hoping it would work on the desktop app so I could easily bulk select songs and drag them into playlists.

Can you confirm this only works on mobile? And it only works for downloaded songs, not Liked Songs?