Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Self Service | Device Management

Hi!

Many people are in trouble with few issues:

- Resetting Offline Devices

- Disconnecting Sessions

Many have had the situation that someone is using their credentials somewhere, and their own Streaming gets cut off

because of this. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to:

- Disconnect All Active Sessions, so nobody else could be using your credentials anymore.

Many have had the situation that they have possibly more than 3 devices that they have synced Offline files to or that one device has somehow managed to fail on the level of it showing as a Offline device twice.

- Resetting Offline Devices, so you could again sync Offline content to the devices you choose.

These combined with a Self Help / Self Service portal would solve problems that need a staff member to do things for you.

Help would be easier, faster available when you happen to need it the most.

This could be implemented to the www.spotify.com website, that needs your credentials anyway.

We just implemented a new tool that will let Premium users remove their offline devices. More info is here. As this idea technically includes two ideas and we're working on implementing the second idea in here, I'll mark this implemented. [Update - 8.4.2014] We have another self service tool to announce this week! You can now use a feature to log out from Spotify everywhere. Just head to your account overview page on Spotify.com and the option will be in the right hand corner. Enjoy!
Comments
nameswilson

Couldn't agree more. Lost count of the number of times I've gone to listen to my device while travelling only to find it has deleted all my songs.Smiley Mad

Snookerman

It's crazy that this hasn't been implemented already, especially since people have been having problems with this for several years.

neo-x

I know. I'v seen lots of people telling they have lost the control of their account, by leaving it open somewhere and changed pass etc. but stuff still isn't done with. If this idea is implemented - People could log in to the website -> show where the account is logged in and disconnect the sessions etc.

Rorey
Status changed to: Implemented

You should be able to submit a request to our support team, should you need to logout all your devices.  They should be able to sort you out pretty quickly.

http://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

I've changed this idea status to implemented since technically there is a way. However, a part of me senses that you would prefer if this functionality were available to you without your profile page on the website. If that is the case, my inclination would be to mark this as "not planned".

I'll leave it up to you to comment here and let me know if I need to mark this appropriately.

Is there any fix for this???  I really only have one phone and two computers on my account and am constantly needing to resync my music because of this error.  SPOTIFY!!!!  PAY ATTENTION TO US!!!  WE LOVE YOUR SERVICE BUT PLEASE FIX THIS F'ING PROBLEM!!@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, I'm done yelling in caps now.  However seriously, fix it guys, its ridiculous...

JMartinP

Hi

I see new playlists popping up in my account and have a feeling that I've forgot to log myself out somewhere. I'll contact the support as suggested but a "Log out all devices" functionality in the desktop client or web interface would be fantastic! I think that's what was originally requested here and a status change would probably be appropriate.

Shane809

Spotify should design this feature to thier software it's too much hassle having to email you to do it. gmail has this feature

http://gmailblog.blogspot.co.uk/2008/07/remote-sign-out-and-info-to-help-you.html

neo-x

This would be great to have.

RuKuS77
Yes, this needs be corrected ASAP! We should not be forced to resync without warning, at the very least. I do have an iPod touch, iPad and iPhone. I normally go offline to save bandwidth or whenever wifi is unavailable. The issue lies mostly where you have a need to go online, to get a new track for example and instead you end up with no songs and now your device is useless, before going on a trip or jog in the park. This is why you should at least have the option of which device to remove it from before it just automatically removes it from the device you're on without any warning.
neo-x

Spotify should create a "Self Help Portal" and implement this feature there.