Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle all music on mobile device

Posted by user jayafink on the support side of things:

[quote] Can you shuffle all of the playlists and tracks within on the Ipod Touch?  I made lots of playlists by artist name, with hundreds of tracks in all of them.  In spotify itself you can click on "library" under "collection" to shuffle all of it, but there is no "collection" or "library" buttons on the Ipod app.  It seems you can only shuffle within a particular playlist and not all of them on the Ipod.  Is that true or am I missing something? [/quote]

I wholeheartedly concur. I am an album guy so I am alway creating offline available playlists for individual albums. But sometimes it's good to put all music in play randomly. Doesn't seem to be supported on the mobile version currently.

Can we see this feature at some point?

Updated: 2015-11-18

Hey everyone, with Your Music you can now shuffle all Songs on your mobile device. 

Just go to Your Music > Songs > Shuffle. Enjoy!

Screenshot_2015-11-18-18-33-16.png

Comments
EdRaket

I totally agree with this request. I'm a heavy spotify user and have a lot of tracks offline available in various playlist. The spotify app for iPhone is missing several features for offline playing of your tracks, such as shuffling all tracks in all playlist. It would also be very user friendly if you could search in your local files on album or artist, when you have no internet connection. The current version does not support this.

So a lot to improve on the app still

xrockangelx

Same! I NEED MY SHUFFLE! There is very seldom a time when I do not have the shuffle option activated in Spotify on my PC. I have so much music in my library that it's weird and boring to listen to my library or playlists in alphabetical order EVERY TIME.

It would also be great if there was a way to sort tracks differently in full library or playlist view -Like, by artist or album, instead of just by song title.

xrockangelx

Oh, and I'm using Android on an LG Optimus V! =]

aaaaa

Yes please. On the iphone!

604hcl

I agree you should have the possibilty to "shuffle all".

That would allow me to hit the play button when I start riding my car and just go with it... .

Sxfoxstar
Please add this feature as then it would be a perfect replacement for the inbuilt iPod app on the iPhone!
hairybaboon20

definitely, this is the biggest weakness of the app on the iphone... if you want to make people move away from the itunes side you have to compete with the most basic feature. they even released the ipod shuffle because there was so much demand for that functionality.

so much music access on spotify, why not allow us to whizz through all the stuff we have got on our phones?

im amazed it wasnt available straight away to be honest!

@patglennon wrote:
Posted by user jayafink on the support side of things:

[quote] Can you shuffle all of the playlists and tracks within on the Ipod Touch?  I made lots of playlists by artist name, with hundreds of tracks in all of them.  In spotify itself you can click on "library" under "collection" to shuffle all of it, but there is no "collection" or "library" buttons on the Ipod app.  It seems you can only shuffle within a particular playlist and not all of them on the Ipod.  Is that true or am I missing something? [/quote]

I wholeheartedly concur. I am an album guy so I am alway creating offline available playlists for individual albums. But sometimes it's good to put all music in play randomly. Doesn't seem to be supported on the mobile version currently.

Can we see this feature at some point?

Yes, please add this feature!
JimPony

I'm running the new beta and the ability to shuffle the entire library is gone.  In fact, there is no was to view the library anymore, only playlists.  I really miss being able to shuffle my library!!!!!!

cms5213

This needs to be added as a feature. Spotify already does a fairly sufficient job at replacing itunes, but, with this feature, there would be no need for itunes! This feature coupled with a pandora competitor would make spotify hands down the best on demand music service in my opinion.