Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Smart TV Application (Vizio)

For premium members create the spotify app for all of the smart TV's and allow us to listen to music and preferably watch music videos wirelessly through our TVs! There is currently a tunein radio app, and a Pandora app available for my TV. A spotify application would be amazing! 

Thank you,

Premium Subscriber

Vizio TV owner

Updated: 2015-09-16

Hey folks, we're marking this as Implemented since Spotify is available on VIZIO’s new 2014 E-Series and M-Series Smart TVs with VIZIO Internet Apps Plus and can be found under the “Featured” or “All Apps” tab. Click here to see the availability of Spotify by VIZIO device.

Spotify is available on VIZIO Smart TVs in the US.

Comments
aman328

My Pannasonic smart TV has an ap for Pandora and several other music aps -- is there an ap that works with Pannasonic Smart Viera Connect?

Eman1986

I too would love to see this possible for Vizio TVs. I understand the issue of developing for every TV brand, but this would be so cool and would really give me more bang for my buck in terms of my subscription(seeing that all my devices has it now my TV is the last one now)

djisf

None of my devices (Wii, Yamaha Receiver, Vizio TV, AppleTV) have Spotify, so I'd love it if Spotify would port their app to Vizio.

Eman1986

I've look into what it takes to build a vizio app and I'm going to try to make one myself. It's actually pretty easy. The hardest part is using the spotify api.

osvalban

Yes! I'm also a premium member and would be extremely happy to see an app for the Vizio Smart TVs!

sybh

I have a Vizio smart. I will pay for Spotify when it is compatible with my TV.

Heyjohnny

This is a great idea to earn more subscribers. "SmartTV's" are now becoming the average TV. The word "Smart" isn't even in the title of most "SmartTV's" these days. If Spotify becomes one of the popular apps on people TV's to enjoy their music over their TV's superior sound system, then that would be great for Spotify.

I imagine that Spotify could easily contract a few coders to build a functional Vizio app fairly quickly.

emilbochnik

agreee .....create the spotify app for all Samsung smart TV's not only after 2012

BlakeMoore

Im actually working on building a spotify app out for Vizio Smart Tv's now. Fortunatley Vizio, Samsung and a few others all use the Yahoo Connected TV Platform for development which should make porting the final app to multiple set-top devices / tv's fairly straight forward.... In a month or so when its completed i'll be looking for beta testers 🙂 Let me know if anyone is interested. 

vestaviascott

@BlakeMoore, I'm very interested and I'd even like to chip in and help with development if thats possible. Hit me an email to support@clickbump.com and let's chat about it.

I'd like to get this on chromecast as well. Hopefully the spotify team will beat us to the punch on that one.

~ scott