Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Social] Block Followers

I believe there should be a way to block people that are following you on Spotify. When blocked, the user will automatically unfollow you and will not be able to find you, or view your public playlists.

Blocking should be possible via both username and email address.

Liam

Updated on 2021-11-16

Hi everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Ideas Exchange, and sharing your votes and comments.

We’re pleased to confirm that all users now have the option to block another user on Spotify. With this update, you can actively block another user across desktop and mobile devices, preventing them from being able to see listening activity, public playlists, or view profile pages.

Here’s how it works:

• When visiting another user’s profile, click on the   (...) button.
  • Select “Block” (or “Block User” on mobile) to block the user whose profile you are viewing.
  • This user will now be blocked and cannot access your page, public playlists or view your listening activity.
  • To unblock a user, click the Unblock option in the same menu.

We're always working hard to provide the best possible Spotify experience in a safe environment.

Please see here for more information.

Comments
cheleyfrazier
Would really appreciate a block user feature/private user such as approving followers. Have had people that needed to be blocked on social media due to unfortunate circumstances and safety. There are many ways that people do their best to stay connected even with something as small as a playlist or the music listened. For some this could turn into a very sticky situation.
Turtleshouse
It is UTTERLY RIDICULOUS this has been changed to Not Right Now. But not unexpected. I just regret ever promoting this service to friends when I first used it. I truly wish I hadn't. I will never buy premium again till this is fixed. So I will never buy premium again. Thanks for caring about personal (feelings of) safety, Spotify. Thanks for making me uncomfortable when using your 'service' because my stalker can follow me on your 'service' because I do not have the energy to keep making new accounts.
Bluehemisphere

Err... I can't seem to fathom the idea that removing or blocking followers is not possible. It doesn't compute. I look and look for a clickable option... a toggle, a check box, ANYTHING.... but nothing exists. I just cannot believe it. I'm not going to elude that Spotify and my opinions about it rule my days, but this absence of control is UTTERLY UNFORGIVABLE.

Also, come to think of it, I can't remember if I actually had to accept followers. Did I? If not... WHY NOT?

How can this problem still be being talked about. The first post on this thread was almost TWO WHOLE YEARS AGO!

Why am I typing this when so many others have done the same to ZERO EFFECT.

Am I right in thinking that Community posts and threads are not even read by the software developers? That they equate to ZERO campaigning power? IE: This is not a campaign, it's just hundreds of people typing for no reason. 

WTF.com

Whitman27

If Spotify is priding themselves on making this somewhat of a Socail Network for people to follow others and see what they likein the music industry there has to be a way to set up privacy and block people from seeing your profile, or people that have followed you you should have the ability to Block them.

This goes against so many privacy laws when it comes to Social Networking.

SPOTIFY FIX THIS ASAP..... Its been asked non-stop for the YEARS and yet you do nothing about it.

norfunkboy

I really woulkd like the ability to block certain users from viewing my playlists. Surely this is a fairly simple fix and would make my spotify experience a whole lot better. 

Nightmare79

Seriously how long is this going to take. I have friends being stalked by pyscho ex's and they don't want to be on spotify.

I am considering to cancel my premium service in support of my friends and others who are in the same boat. Time to look into a campaign or start one. SPOTIFY this is an issue and not an isolated one at that. Do something about this.

RandyAndy

I am being stalked by someone, out-of-my-state, versed in manipulating this app weakness, to her personal advantage, to the disadvantage of the rest-of-the-world   😞

Spotify: Please Fix This

Thank-you,

Andy

in Philly

Stackhouse

Could not agree more.   I would start with my ex's.   Happy to see soooo many people agree. Come on spotify.  Let us block a person from time to time.  Kudos.  Kudos kudos 

Poca
Is it still not possible to block users? I see people following me and I want them removed.
thisisnotokay

This is COMPLETELY unacceptable. People have been asking for this functionality for literally years, people have told you that their safety is at risk and that it's enabling stalkers, and yet it's not high on the priority list for you? My complaints via twitter have gone entirely ignored, while other people who **bleep** and moan about being able to use ctrl+F to find songs are all given higher priority. I am not letting this go. This is a major privacy and safety flaw. I have been paying for this service for years and now I'm being ignored when I complain that someone is stalking me through Spotify. This needs to be a priority.