Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Social] Block Followers

I believe there should be a way to block people that are following you on Spotify. When blocked, the user will automatically unfollow you and will not be able to find you, or view your public playlists.

Blocking should be possible via both username and email address.

Liam

Updated on 2021-11-16

Hi everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Ideas Exchange, and sharing your votes and comments.

We’re pleased to confirm that all users now have the option to block another user on Spotify. With this update, you can actively block another user across desktop and mobile devices, preventing them from being able to see listening activity, public playlists, or view profile pages.

Here’s how it works:

• When visiting another user’s profile, click on the   (...) button.
  • Select “Block” (or “Block User” on mobile) to block the user whose profile you are viewing.
  • This user will now be blocked and cannot access your page, public playlists or view your listening activity.
  • To unblock a user, click the Unblock option in the same menu.

We're always working hard to provide the best possible Spotify experience in a safe environment.

Please see here for more information.

Comments
Turtleshouse
3 weeks since my last post and guess what? NOTHING HAPPENED. I am still bothered by the creep following me.
Sonder

Yeah, I really hope this gets put into place soon. My sociopath ex won't leave me alone. I get messages from him constantly...Have been for the past two months...and I'm really looking forward to not getting them... PLEASE hurry up Spotify! 😞

bsmurrin

Why can't you block/remove followers? this is such a dumb privacy flaw. I have an ex's cousin following me, and I want the option to remove him as a follower so I can listen to my music in privacy!

Turtleshouse
Dear Spotify, to show how serious this is: the creeper following me fits most characteristics on this list: http://www.babble.com/babble-voices/a-focused-life-me-ra-koh/13-characteristics-of-a-date-rapist-a-l... And he has an online stalking tendency. It IS that SERIOUS!
Justanothermemb

I'm watching this discussion (and others about related topics before) since a longer time, cause I really wish to remove some people who damaged my life but still following me on Spotify - even after removing them from my Facebook friend list and every other platform. Please Spotify, fix this bug and allow us to choose our followers. Thank you!

rontonic

Spotify is way off here. Not being sure if it is a music portal, or social portal, it tries in a failed way to combine those.

It is agains all common privacy sense to allow anyone to follow you. I want my spotify private, i am not 13 anymore,  I dont want to share all i do with "friends". Even people i dont know can follow me. Even though my playlists are private, and im not publishing anything, followers can see followers. 

Spotify, please take privacy issues seriously. I pay for this product, let me choose myself if i want a socialmusic-toy or serious musicplayer that is mine.

Thanks for the kudos everyone. I'm pleased to let you know that we plan to enable a feature which will let users disallow a single user from following you in the near future. We'll let you know as soon as this feature becomes available.

^Over 8 months ago, this has gone far past the point of ridiculous. I will not remain premium much longer if this issue is not addressed.

Why is taking so long this (basic) feature?

Liam
@Rorey more than 6 months has passed since your update... Is there another we can have?
Rorey

@Liam I'll ask the team for an update and get back to this thread shortly.